Chapter 1

Hello! :)

This is my first wattpad story, wahey, so please continue to read and see what you think of it. :D

Chapter 1

I stood at the out of order traffic lights, waiting for a safe chance to cross the road. My tummy rumbled. Don't you worry; you'll soon get some food. Tapping my stomach I looked left and right twice, the cars kept on coming no sign of them stopping or clearing.

I sighed, tapping my feet as I waited impatiently, which got me glances from the people standing alongside of me, who also were waiting to cross the road. I looked down at my feet, my thoughts wondering off to a nice chicken burger and a McFlurry ice cream that waited for me down the other side of the street. Snapping out of my thoughts due to the abrupt rumbling of my tummy; I'd noticed the people standing beside me a minute ago had crossed. Quickly checking for cars, I hurried across the road. How embarrassing.

I had finally reached my destination, as I pushed open the doors of the busy McDonalds. The smell of fried chips and chicken satisfied my tummy for a minute, before it set off again in the queue. I looked around sheepishly as my cheeks grew hot. "That's one hell of a hungry one, you've got there." A deep American voice spoke from above. I turned around to look upon the person whom the voice belonged to, but got a nice view of his big, swollen belly instead. Slowly, my gaze drifted up to meet a set of warm eyes peering down at me. He looked as though he was in his mid-forties and had a kind face with a welcoming smile. I nodded at him, not knowing what else to say.

"Hello, how may I serve you?" I turned back around to see a woman in her early thirties, watching me. She looked disheveled and in a bad mood. Someone needs to cheer up, more people should take advice from the good American fellow, I thought. After taking my order and paying for the food I walked past the rows of fully occupied tables. Great, upstairs we go. Just before I reached the flight of stairs, I was knocked into by a girl around the same age as me, who must've gotten out of her seat. I fell trying to grab onto to a table, but instead ended up bringing down her tray of coke and a meal with me. I groaned, I noticed the entire area grew quiet, watching us as the scene unfolded in front of them. How humiliating.

I looked up at her, as I slowly got to my feet, ignoring her outstretched arm which she then shortly reclined. She apologized sincerely. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there and I.. I was just going to get a straw and then I.. I" She said stuttering before I quickly cut her off.

"It's alright." I spoke through my teeth. It was anything but alright. I looked a complete mess; with splotches of ketchup on my face, bits of salad hanging from my hair, and completely sticky from being drenched in coke. I watched her impatiently, while she studied the mess, looking guilty. I was fuming! The smell of food coming from my sticky body made me more mad. That should be inside me not vice versa.

"Come, I'll help you get cleaned up, and I'll pay for your food." Seeing that it was a good enough offer, I nodded and complacently followed. I couldn't care less what everyone staring at us thought. Soon enough they got bored and returned to their conversations, only the children continued to snicker at us as we walked past and climbed to the top floor where the bathroom was.

Ten minutes later, and I was good enough to go. I looked up into the mirror above the sinks, after washing my hands and face. Noah, I had learnt her name was, kindly gave me a shirt from her backpack. Thinking it was weird for her to carry around clothes in her backpack I slipped into it after taking of my drenched hoodie, and was pleased it fit perfectly. I took any remaining pieces of salad, Noah and I could see out of my long darkish brown hair, and brushed it out using her brush. Looking up at the mirror once again, I was glad to see I looked much better. I sighed out of relief. I took a glance at Noah, who was watching me with a small smile. "Thanks, helping means a lot to me."