198

i'm sorry i didn't keep my promise on updating this sooner

i've got a lot of things going on right now and i figured if i wrote anything, it would only be shitty and you guys don't deserve something like that

i tried to make this the best as i could and also tried to explain everything that's happened as much as i can

thank you for sticking with me and this story <3

+ j

***

i woke up in a white room which i immediately assumed was the hospital. i've already been thoroughly familiarized with this place, i'm no longer even surprised.

first thing that came into my mind:

jimin.

and as if on cue, i noticed him by my peripheral view, moving as he laid down on the couch. he was groaning in his sleep, eyebrows furrowed as his body faced me.

he looked so beautiful. i wanted to touch him, hold him and just love him. all the physical and emotional pain i was feeling seemed to fade the second i looked at him.

i admired his features, every single one of them; from the way his pink hair looked so soft, puffy cheeks that made him look even squishier, hands and fingers so short and cute made me feel like holding onto them or just him entirely for one whole day wouldn't even be a tad bit of a bad thing.

though as if an arrow had been pierced into my chest, memories of yesterday struck me.

yoongi.

taehyung killed him! and i couldn't even do anything! it's all my fucking fault! if i hadn't chased jimin, none of this would've happened. if i had just stayed with yoongi, he would still be here.

what's the point of having jimin back if yoongi was bound to die in his stead? if i can't have both of them by my side, i'd rather they both stayed alive.

"jungkook?" i hadn't even noticed jimin was already awake and that i was crying until i heard his voice and felt tears dropping on my own hands.

"i'm sorry, jimin..."

he looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed as he stood up from the sofa then sat on the chair right next to my bed.

"why are you apologizing to me, jungkook? it was all my fault. i started all of this."

"what?"

"you still don't remember?" he chuckled bitterly and i couldn't understand why he looked so guilty, so rueful.

"i don't get it." shaking my head, i responded. "it's not your fault. besides, you shouldn't be fine like this already. i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm glad you're alive! but you should be on a bed, too. as far as i can remember, you were badly hurt andㅡ"

"ㅡjungkook! please! i can't do this..."

my eyes widened in shock and i felt myself losing breath as i stared at him, tears falling fast down his cheeks.