Chapter 3

I run into work and tap my ID badge on the techy thingy, as if Molly Jones had come back after all these years and told me that she loved me all along. But, I'm running so I don't lose my flat instead. I opt for the stairs, as the elevator takes about two seasons of The X Files to actually come, I have 23 seconds left to make it to the fifth floor. Fuck. With lighting speed and the little amount of motivation I have left in me, I run, and run, and run.

I fling open the door as I've just made it on time. I'm panting for my left as crouch down, resting my hands on my thigh.

"You're on time - barely." Linda says as she walks past me, cleaning the dirt from under her scarily long nails.

"I know, Linda. I'm really sorry."

"So you've said, 27 and a half times before."

"And a half?"

"January 24th. You ran in here, went into that exact position and said I'm so-, but then lost your breath as Kimberley called an ambulance." She recalls, a day I wished everyone could forget.

"You know, I still don't think I needed that ambulance." I replied between breaths.

"You said help me, I need an ambulance. Panted more like."

"Alright. Well, I am really sorry."

"You're lucky you're a workhorse, otherwise I would've fired your sorry ass years ago."

"Charming as usual, Linda." I said as I composed myself together again.

"I know. Anyways, I need you to get back where you left off with that spellcheck, it needs to be in by Thursday the latest."

"Ah, finishing off yet another book about vampires falling in love. How original." I say as I sit in my cubicle, a huff leaving my mouth.

"Well, we would publish one of your works if they actually sold." Linda sarcastically replies with a patronising smile on her face.

"So sweet of you to say, Linda."

"Thank you, dear. Now make me proud with your grammar work." She says as she strides away into her office, the sound of her distinctive seven-inch heels making contact with the polished, wooden floor. I roll my eyes as I get back to working on this shitty fanfiction some people actually like to refer to as a "plot". Screw you Twilight, for making me spell check twenty of these every month. Thanks a bunch.