My Roommate

School ended and I was walking home, I see my light brown house and I notice that there is a car that I don't recognize. I walk in my house, I see one of my mom's old friend.

I welcome her and didn't think to much. She would always take care of me when I was younger, it has been so long I barely recognized her. She has a son that I was close with but he's not here.

I then went to the fridge. As Im looking for food I over heard Jade's name. Jade! Her son is Jade I remember now, no wonder it seemed so familiar. I'm all ears, but then I hear the door open. I turned around and saw him.

My eyes locked in with his. I immediately ran to my room and shutting the door behind me.

I think and thinked. He might be staying here but why, who is he. Then I heard my mom called me. I go out in the kitchen and sit down by mom.

She explained to me that Jade will be sleeping here for a while. Just as I predicted.

"Ok mom but I still don't understand why" I-said nervously.

His mom explained to me..." We just moved out here, the house that we bought has minor complications and we still haven't fully moved in. I have to go back to New York to finish some paperwork, but I don't want Jade missing out on his school, so meanwhile your Mom has been kind enough to let him stay for a while".

In my head. Oh great, and then as she talked more about Jade. I the remember, we knew each other when we were kids, our Moms were so close in high school and made me and Jade like best friends, but then he had to move. Now he is so hot.. wait that is wrong.

His mom left and I was stuck with him. I gave him a big hug.

" Jade I didn't even recognize you!" I told.

" I lost weight and grew taller, you still look like you're a kid." He chuckled but his eyes wouldn't pull away from mine.

I smiled nervously and went in my room and was just thinking, he changed a lot. My mom went in my room and told me that she will be back. She left.

I shut my door and I put music on. After like 20 minutes I heard a knock. Then he opened it and we both locked eyes once again. My heart was fluttering even though it was confusing me because I'm comfortable around Jade.

"Hello Jade how can I help you?" I said. He smiled.

He came by my bed and sat down. He saw my drawings. I ignored him.

"It's been so long I would like to know you better," he said. While finishing my drawing

I answered, "um.. But we do know each other."

"I moved and clearly we both changed some way." He replied.

I answered, " I really wish but... ."

"Come on, let's go out Im bored." He interrupted.

"Well it's already late and my mom will be back besides...."

As I was still talking his hand grabbed my wrist and he took me outside.

"Come on!" He chuckled. I laughed and I came running with him out the door. We walked to the nearby park. We were on the swings, I felt like we were kids again.

"Why did you move" I questioned.

"Well my mom had a promotion and we were able to move, but after a few years, they let her come back with the same pay and now Im here," he replied.

" Oh that is great" I expressed.

" Yeah that means I can have my best friend back" he said.

I smiled and asked randomly " So where's your girlfriend"

" Don't have one" he stated. " You? Where's your boyfriend"

" Don't have one either" I replied.

"Well at least we have each other again" he told.

Those words gave me knots in my stomach. I just nodded

I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. I knew that I was blushing. He smiled and got of his swing. I looked at him, he was walking away.

I got out of my swing walking behind him. I look back where we were sitting, leaving the swings swinging. Then we got to our house.