Chapter 9 - Lost

"Bin-ah, I’m afraid.” It’s getting late and Yerin still can’t find any path to their camping site. It’s sure really dark there. And Yerin is afraid of darkness. She called Moonbin earlier.

“Yah! Where are you?!” Moonbin yelled through the phone panickly.

“I don’t know, Bin. I’m afraid.”

“Stay right where you are. Don’t ever wander anywhere. I’m going there.”

“Wait! Don’t hang up the call, please. Stay with me even just through this phone.” She begged him.

“Okay.” And he runs, entering the forest to find her. “Bin-ah, are you still there?” she asked anxiously.

“Yes, Ma’am. Don’t worry, I’ll find you soon.” He chuckled a bit because he finds her so cute.

“Don’t laugh on me, Moonbin. You know this darkness scares me to death.” She said annoyedly.

“Sorry, hehe. Now don’t you worry, Yerin-ah, I’ll—“ and the call ended. “Oh? What happened to my phone? Or is it her phone which died? Her phone died?!”

On Yerin’s side...

She screamed as soon as her phone died due to its low battery. And now it’s getting darker and darker. ‘Bin, please hurry up. I’m dying here.’ She cried. Then she remember what everyone used to say to her to get rid of her fear when she was kid.

‘Just close your eyes, and think about something good you like, and the fear will soon be gone.’ They said.

And she closes her eyes like they said. She thinks about what Moonbin has done to her. She keeps calling his name loudly in her mind, while crying out loud in the middle of that forest. And suddenly someone wraps their arms around her. As she opens her eyes, she finally believes what they said to you when she was kid. Moonbin really came to find her. She cried louder on his chest.

“I’m sorry it took longer than I thought it would be.” He said as he patted her back.

“Bin-ah!” she cried louder and louder.

“It’s okay, Yerin-ah. I found you. There’s no need to be afraid anymore.” He soothed her. Then she looked up to face him and immediately pressed her lips on his, lovingly.

•••

“Yah! Where is Moonbin and Yerin?! Why none of you guys know where they were?! Is this called friendship?! Now all of you guys has to find them. Except girls. Stay here and be safe. Understand?!” their homeroom teacher commanded.

And the boys search for them in the forest, as the girls stay inside their own tents. Except for Shin. She keep lingers around Rocky instead.

“Rocky-ah, what do you think they were doing right now?” she asked.

“I don’t want to think about it.” He replied coldly.

“Why?~” she keep disturbing him while swinging his arm as she tugged her arm there.

“Stop it, Yeo Shin!” he shouted angrily as he dropped her arm annoyedly.

On the other side, Moonbin and Yerin broke the kiss to see someone yelled out near them. It’s Rocky and Shin.

“Yah! Here you are.” Rocky rushed towards Moonbin and immediately punched him on his cheek. But instead of punches Rocky back, he just smirked himself as he wiped the blood on the corner of his lips.

“Minhyuk-ssi!!” Yerin screamed and stopped him for punching Moonbin more.

“Stop calling me Minhyuk-ssi, Yerin-ah!” and she slapped him again.

“Wake up, Minhyuk! Find your-old-self!” she yelled. And suddenly Rocky crashed his lips on Yerin uncontrollably. But she pushed him off herself and with Moonbin’s help, he punched him right away onto the ground.

And Yerin yells “Stop it!” “You two!” and the boys stopped with Moonbin’s hand on Rocky’s face.

“Bin-ah! Stop it please.” She lends her hand for Moonbin to hold onto it so he can stand up.

“Look, look. You only care about him, don’t you? It called love, Kang Yerin! You love him, don’t you?! Just admit it!” “Tell it, right in front of my face! So that I can—“ Yerin slapped him right on his cheek, hardly.

“Enough, Minhyuk! You just looked like a coward, you know?! And you’re right, I love him! So stop liking me, stop seeing me, Rocky-yah.” and Rocky just held onto his hurting-cheek as he chuckled.

“What? You said I’m coward?” and then he laughed, loudly.

“Don’t you joke around me, Rocky. I know it wasn’t funny.”

“Don’t you find it funny, playing with my heart like that?” he chuckled again.

“I’m not playing with anyone’s heart. Neither yours, nor Bin’s.”

“Then what?!” he almost losing his control when suddenly Moonbin punches him straight, again. “Moonbin enough! Let’s go now.” She snatches his hand with her so he’d stopped punching Rocky.

•••

“I’m sorry, Yerin-ah.” He said. “Don’t talk to me right now, Bin. I’m not in the mood to talk to you.” Yerin said.

“Forgive me.” He said, grabbing her hand and caressing it softly with his thumb so that she could calm down.

“I love you, Moonbin! But I. Really. Hate. You. Right now!!” she turned her back and hit him on his chest while crying. But he just circled his arms around her waist and pulled her tighter.

“Forget it and let’s go back, okay?” Yerin nods before he wipes her tears out of her cheeks, and pecks her on her forehead as they continues their walk to the camp site.