Mistaken love

Hi guys its another OS
Mistaken Love

Nandini

College. It's the beginning of your adult life. It's the time when you branch out on your own and find out who you are without the influence of family and friends that you've known your entire life.

This sentiment has left me standing in front of my dream college ...Space Academy for Music... I had one suitcase and two boxes with me... That was all I brought to supplement my college life. I wasn't a flashy girl... I didn't even own a nice dress. I wore jeans and kurtis and I considered myself very low maintenance.

I wanted to stay busy and focus on my music... I was determined to get through college in one piece... No parties, no drinking, no drugs and no distractions... I would get the grades and graduate with honours in music

When I finally made it up to my hostel room..that I was assigned I noticed the other girl was already unpacked but no where to be found. She had taken up residence in the right side, leaving me the left one. From the look of her things and her clothes lying.. she looked like a party girl. Fashion posters, frilly fuzzy pink things littered around the room. Shoes with death trap heels. She seemed the typical fast going college girl just by looking at her things.

I wrinkled my nose and began the task of unpacking my own things. I put the sheets on my bed and unpacked my sitar..i was a classical music student and my books which were my priced possession..i was fond of reading and poetry and even wrote lyrics for songs...after that I unpacked my clothes and placed a few photo's on the nightstand Chacha,Chachi and Rishabh graced the frames... Everyone was smiling and laughing. With a depressed thought I realized I will miss them like crazy...

I sat down and loaded up my email, connected to the hostel's wifi and checked it after that I called Chachi and put her at ease that I settled in my hostel room..

Once that was done and the light was dying outside I heard the front door close. It was time for me to face my roommate for the next three years..Aiyappa.. She was gorgeous. Her hair was long and shiny..she had a perfect figure and was the epitome of perfection. She could be a model.

"Hi! I'm Aliya! You must be Nandini! I was waiting on you earlier but I got so hungry I'm sorry I wasn't here when you showed up."

She flipped her hair expertly

"Hey Aliya.. It's no big deal, I just put my things away."

She smiled and I felt a little better about conversing with her.

"Look, we're going to be living together for a while so maybe we should just get it all out in the open. I'm Aliya...I already told you that...I play the keyboard, I'm from Delhi... I take music seriously but I also like to have a good time. Uh, I sometimes stay out late and come home early but I'll always try to be quiet. I never bring guys back here and I don't watch TV a lot."

She took a long breath and paused thinking for a moment before looking at me expectantly. I sighed. She sounded like she was signing up for a dating site...I sighed Aiyappa..here goes my intro

"I'm Nandini, I'm from Mangalore...I have a small knitted family there my Chacha,Chachi and my brother Rishabh..I am a classical singer and I play the sitar... I read a lot, I'm quiet, I don't really go out ..I think that's about it."

Aliya looked crestfallen. She brightened though and came forward to hug me. It was awkward and I felt weird hugging another girl I didn't know.

We made small talk for a few more hours and even though she wasn't that bright but Aliya seemed sweet.. well a good person for a roomate..