Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that there was a knee in my back. I rolled over and punched Taylor in the head.

“Ow!” He yelped, “What the hell was that for?”

“It was for the knee in my back.”

He glared at me and sleepily said “My knee was in your back because you kept trying to cuddle in your sleep.”

“You’re full of crap.” At least I hoped he was.  

He laughed, “Actually I’m not. You literally could not keep your hands off me.”

I blushed. Whoops. “Well that doesn’t mean you need to keep your knee in my back!”

“It’s only fair!” he retorted, “When you weren’t trying to cuddle me, you kept trying to fight me. I can’t tell you how many times you elbowed me in the face.”

Now it was my turn to laugh, I could even see a little bruise forming above his eyebrow. “Can’t say I’m sorry about that.”

“I liked you better when you were passed out drunk.” He looked over at the clock; it was 5 in the morning. Ew. He yawned. “Why are you up this early? And more importantly why did you wake me up this early? Don’t tell me you’re an early riser.”

I sighed. “No, don’t worry I’m not. I just can’t ever sleep all the way through the night. If your knee hadn’t been in my back, which by the way is why I woke you up in case you didn’t already know, I just would have gone right back to sleep.”

He grunted. “Well, stop trying to cuddle or fight me or whatever the hell it was you were doing, and I’ll keep my knee out of your back. Ok?”

 “Ok. But I can’t make any promises, apparently when I’m asleep I still hate you and want to kill you.” I rolled back over and got comfortable again.

He put his knee in my back again. “Just for my safety, at least until you learn to control your violent tendencies.” When I looked over at him he was sound asleep.

It was weird though, his knee in my back was comforting. I knew he was there; it made me feel safe.