June 2nd; Fort Laramie

Naime was excited to see a town after several nights in our little group. She talked about meeting new people and perhaps finding a "cute boy", and I laughed when Crispin said "it's kinda hard to find a cute boy who'll like you if you're not too cute yourself" or something like that. Man, Naime was so peeved, but in her defence she was a good looking gal. I'm sure there's people who'll think that her dark brown eyes (basically like mine) are gorgeous and her long black (and pretty well-kept, I'd say) are beautiful.

       Don't think she'll find one, though. Love takes time to develop, and you can't just fall in love in a couple of days. It takes at least a few months before romance can actually develop. Man, I feel like a "relationship expert", and I've never been in an actual relationship before. What is my life?

       Anyways, the prices for supplies are pretty high. The prices for food are ridiculous: $1.50 for a simple cup of sugar! This makes Rock Creek Station look absolutely fantastic. I can't even get some gosh darn sugar without worrying about my budget!

       Why am I ranting about sugar? I don't cook.

       Anyways, Michael snuck off before I could rant to him. He told me that he'll meet me back at the inn, so I'm pretty sure he's still coming with us to Oregon. I wanted to know what he did, and even not too long ago he didn't tell me why he snuck off. I know it's none of my business, and I shouldn't pester him about it, but I really want to know what he was doing.

       Anyways, since Michael ran off doing who-knows-what and Naime looking for "potential lovers", I was out and about town with Crispin looking at the things that other people dropped off. Crispin had already helped clear out what his family didn't need, and I don't really have a whole lot of things that I want to keep. Other than my clothes and a few other necessities, all I want to keep is my journal (which I keep with me at all times; I don't want anyone reading my thoughts) and some spare pencils, which aren't really heavy anyways.

       Some of the couches and such we saw were pretty and fancy while others were in rough shape. Crispin suggested that we should bring some of the good stuff with us, and I had to remind him that our oxen wouldn't be able to handle it. Heck, it's like he forgot that an ox from his own wagon died!

       I would rant about my cousin some more, but I'm pretty sure I've written enough for now. I think I'm at the point in which if this journal was a project for school, my teacher would either be entertained by my words or annoyed that I wrote too much when I only had to do five entries with four sentences each. I don't exactly know how someone could write a good journal entry in just four sentences, but hey, at least it would probably be pretty flexible, whether the student is a hardcore straight A student or a student who just wants to pass the class.

       Oh look, I did it again. Whoops~