Before NCIS

I was in my room, as usual. My parents didn't let me out much except when they needed shopping done. This was fairly normal because my parents have always hated me. I don't know why. They just do. 

My father opened the door, a knife in his hands. He walks over and forces me to remove my shirt. This is another thing that happens rather often. He grabs his pen out of his pocket and draws the word 'Freak' on my abdomen before using the blade to trace it. He then cuts lines into my chest and wrists before leaving the room. I was actually surprised he did that because he usually does more to me before he leaves my room. This was a regular thing too. I don't know why, either. I know that I need to escape here, but I don't have the financials necessary to live on my own and I don't have a steady job to be able to pay for an apartment. I still have yet to get a response from NCIS either. I just don't know what to do.

  I go down while my parents are asleep that night to see if I have any mail. When I don't see anything in the mail pile, I check the trash because that's where they usually put my mail. I found one labelled from NCIS. I picked it out, leaving the rest of them because it was all junk mail. I opened the envelope, making sure I wasn't heard.

Dear Violet Mooney,

It has come to my attention that the director before me had never looked at your application, which is one of the first things that I did as of this morning. It is my pleasure to tell you that you have been hired as an NCIS agent. I would like to speak to you as soon as possible about orientation and assigning you to a team.

Congratulations!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Shepherd

Director of NCIS

Wow. I finally got accepted to a job that could help me escape them and they throw it in the trash. Makes sense actually. They want to be able to keep on abusing me. I grabbed as many of my belongings as possible before grabbing the keys to the red Nissan Maxima outside that was in my name and going out to the car. I put my stuff in the trunk and got in the driver's seat. My high school music teacher had helped me to get my license.

 I drove to the nearest hotel, having gotten about a grand from my parents' safe. The man told me I could stay in one of the rooms for free after seeing my scars and bruises. He told me he'd talk to the manager. I smiled before taking my things up to my room. I put my suitcase in the corner of the single room and sat on the bed. 'Well, tomorrow marks the beginning of my new life.' I thought to myself as I took off my shoes and laid down in the bed. I shut off the lamp before I fell asleep.