Stronger

I walked downstairs to see Elena Stefan and Vicki sitting at the table

Nana? Elena said surprised to see me

Hey Lena

What are you doing here?

I came to check on Vicki i said

Coffee is our friend. It's the caffeine. It circulate through our veins, and it warms our body so we're not so cold to the touch.

Well, what if I wanna drink human blood?

You're gonna have to learn to live with that urge and fight it on a daily basis one day at time.

Oh god! Don't start with that whole 12 steps thing. School counselor has been down that road, and it doesn't work for me.

It can work. It's your choice, Vicki.

So you've never tasted human blood?

Not in a long time.

How long?

Years and years. I'm not proud of my past behavior.

Does this sketchy feeling ever go away? It's like I have a massive hangover. This daylight thing is a bitch. I need more blood. Where's your bathroom? I have to pee. Why do I have to pee? I thought I was dead.

Vicki then left the room

I'm going to, uh...I'm gonna get her some more. All right. I'll be quick.
Stefan left and Vicki re entered the room

False alarm. My body's feeling really funky. It's a good funk, but it's weird.

Hmm, who are you calling? Elena asked Vicki as she took her phone out

Jeremy.

Vicki, you can't see Jeremy anymore.

Oh come on don't you start. I'm gonna see whoever I wanna see.

Even though you could hurt him?

I would never hurt Jeremy.

I know you think that but I can't take that risk. You're gonna have to let Jeremy go now.

Oh really? And how long have you been preparing the "you're not good enough" speech? I'm assuming it predates the whole vampire thing.

All I am saying is Jeremy is not getting involved in any of this. I mean it, Vicki.

Or what? Vicki grabbed Elena by the throat and pushed her against the wall.

Hey! I yelled

Let's get one thing straight, you perky little bitch. You had my brother whipped for fifteen years. Fifteen years and then you dumped him. When I look at you that is all I see, just so you know. And I'm gonna see Jeremy whenever I wanna see Jeremy, because I have some fun new toys to play with, and I won't think twice about ripping your little head off. You got it?

I grabbed Vicki and threw her off Elena

Elena's eyes widened

X

She threatened my sister.

She's on edge. Imagine every sense in your body operating at super speed. I mean, she's uncomfortable in her own skin. And then when you throw in her other issues...

How long before it settles? Hours? Days? Weeks?

There's no rule book.

Well, how long before you learned to control it?

A while, But I didn't have anybody helping me. I had to do it on my own. The thing is it's hard to resist certain people especially when you're new, it's difficult to separate your feelings. Love, lust, anger, desire...it can all blur into one urge, hunger.

What does that mean?

It means that Jeremy can't see her, not now. She might not be able to resist him, and she could hurt him.

Or worse.

I'm not gonna let anybody get hurt.

I need to get going.

Elena...

Please Stefan. There's only so much I can take.

I'll go with her she just needs to adjust thats all

I gave him a small kiss on the cheek and left