Isobel

THIRD PERSON POV

Damon walks across the parlor and prepares to make a drink. Quietly, Alaric enters the room with a stake in his hand.

Are you really this stupid?

Damon finishes pouring his drink and turns around to look at Alaric who is standing behind him.

Guess so.

Damon takes a drink, places his glass down, and vamp-runs at Alaric, throwing him across the room. Alaric lands on the floor, heavily, but quickly gets back up, ready to attack.

You gonna put down the stake?

Alaric remains in an attacking stance.

Wow. That's courage.

Damon walks towards Alaric.

Where's Isobel? What have you done to my wife?

You want me to tell you I killed her? Would that make you happy? Because I think you know what happened.

I saw you feeding on her.

Yeah, I did, and I wasn't lying. She was delicious.

Alaric rushes at Damon. Damon hits Alaric in the stomach and Alaric keels over falling back onto the floor.

Oh, come on. What do you think happened? Not an inkling? Never considered the possibility?

Alaric looks up at him.

I turned her.

Why?

She came to me. All pathetic, looking for vampires. There was something about her, something I liked. There was something special.

You turned her because you liked her?

No, I slept with her because I liked her. I turned her because she begged me to. Yeah. But you knew that, too, didn't you? Hmm. I guess she wasn't happy at home, wasn't happy with life in general, wasn't happy with you.

Alaric rushes at Damon again, but Damon grabs the stake from Alaric's hands and stabs him in the chest, puncturing his lung. Alaric yells in pain.

Ah, this is a shame. We're kindred spirits, abandoned by the women we love. Unrequited love sucks.

Damon removes the stake from Alaric's chest. Alaric wheezes.

Sounds like I got a lung. Which means I get to sit here and watch you die.

Damon tosses Alaric to the floor. Alaric gasps for air and places his hands over his wound. Damon throws the stake down, grabs his drink, and sits down on the sofa as he watches Alaric take one last breath before he dies.

Damon takes a swig from his glass as he looks at Alaric's dead body. Stefan and Inanna walks in the room and looks at Alaric. They rush over to the body and kneels down next to it, checking for a pulse.

What happened? What did you do?!

Do what? He attacked me.

Stefan sits up and looks at Damon.

Damon.

All I did was tell him the truth. His wife didn't want him anymore. It's not my fault he couldn't handle it.

Like you've been handling Katherine?

I'm handling it fine. You know what? Isobel came to me. She found me. And if she's related to Elena and you, that means she's related to Katherine. Maybe Katherine sent her to me.

Stop it. You don't have to keep looking.

Can't be a coincidence Isobel sought me out. Uh-uh. Can't.

points to Alaric

I'm assuming you'll take care of this.

Damon gets up and leaves the room.

Stefan and Inanna, exhausted by Damon's actions, sits down next to Alaric's body. Suddenly, Stefan sees Alaric's fingers move. He furrows his brow and leans over Alaric. Suddenly, Alaric gasps back to life, panting heavily. He sits up, confused.

What happened? What's going on?

You were just...Did Damon turn you?No. I - I went for him and then he, uh-- he stabbed me.

No, no, no. You must have vampire blood in your system. Somebody slipped it to you.

No. It's, uh, it's something else.

Then how?

I, uh...

Alaric looks down at the ring on his right hand.

Isobel.

What the fuck

Inanna jumped into Alaric's arms

i thought you were dead there for a second buddy

X

Inanna is in her bed.

She picks up a picture in a frame from her bedside.

The picture is of her, Elena and her parents. She looks at it for a moment then places it down on her lap.

She grabs the cell phone that she took from the man that was run over. she opens the phone and finds the last number that was dialed. Before she can change her mind, she calls the number and places the phone to her ear.

After a few rings, a woman picks up on the other end.

Was there a problem? Did you find her? What's going on?

Isobel?

Isobel hangs up without another word.

Inanna shuts the phone, looking tearful.