Ciara and Sierra - Day 1

Ciara turns the corner still rapidly talking into her phone. Whoever was on the other line was talking just as fast. She grows irritated with the person and hangs up but keeps walking knowing she's almost to his office building anyway. Glancing over, she catches a glimpse of herself in an antique store's mirror window and speeds up, angry.

Jesus, I'm too pale. This suit makes my curves look non-existent. Not that that's different any other day.

She goes into her meeting a little less confident than she was before.

Sierra is on her way to visit her brother after she gets off work. He's been calling non-stop for a week about her never having time to visit because she's always busy so Sierra is finally going to see him. An hour into the visit, she walks into the bathroom with a smile on her face. She's happy she came. When she's about to go back out, she catches her reflection in the full body mirror hung on the door. She flinches.

God, I've gotten really dark. I wish I wasn't so curvy. Maybe I need to lose weight.

She walks out with her smile just a little more forced. 

****This story is dedicated to the @EthicElites that helped to inspire me on writing this. Just a story about a struggle everyone goes through and how, in the end, you are beautiful and perfect just the way you are. Keep your head high! <3****