Ciara and Sierra - Day 3

It's a new day. Two woman are on their way to work and both talk rapidly into their phones. Both of them turn a corner a little too quickly and almost collide with one another. Neither have time to stop and apologize but both of them stop hearing their bosses for just a second when they think:

Wow, that woman is beautiful.

Ciara is finally home from a long day at work and she starts to undress for bed. She stops in front of the mirror again and thinks back on her day. She remembers the African American woman she almost bumped into on the street and remembers how beautifully curvy she was and admires her natural curls that haloed her head. She feels a pang of jealousy and wraps her arms around herself.

Sierra is glad to be home from a long day at work and undresses in her room to lay down. She stops in front of her mirror for a moment and reflects on her day. She remembers the Caucasian woman she almost ran into on the street with the perfect figure and beautiful long blond hair that she pulled up into an elegant and professional bun. She suddenly feels self conscious and turns away.

Ciara feels arms wrap around her body and she relaxes into her husband's embrace.

"I've missed you, beautiful." He whispers while handing her a glass of wine and she believes him without a doubt.

Sierra sees a vase of roses on her table next to her bed. There's a note that reads, "Welcome home, beautiful. I've missed you." And when she feels him come up behind her and his arms embrace her, she believes him wholeheartedly. 

The End