Allies and Protectors

Last time....
Your POV:
As Jason started wobbling to his knees I reached awkwardly and brought him into a position in which I could begin to carry him bridal style to bed. Yes, it was awkward for many reasons but it was probably easier than some of the alternatives. As soon as I finished laying him to bed I found my way out of the room and off to my own.

".....and you my darling" I tensed up at the recent memory with a heavy blush. "I love you" He doesn't mean it, how could he? It's been decades....I can't imagine him just now realizing this sort of feeling for me. I started making up my bed when out of the blue the glass door that leads to my small balcony was smashed, small iridescent shards glimmering in the pale moonlight.

"So this is the girl Jason was talking to Ginny about.....(h/l) (h/c) hair, eyes as (e/c) as (what your eye color is typically likened to), exquisite" were the words spoken by the intruder. He had short-ish blue hair with two small braids on either side of his hair that rested against his tragus, and hollow, empty eyes that seemed endless. The most haunting thing about him however, was the way his pale skin seemed to faintly glow in the darkness of my room (its not pitch black but dark enough for him to glow) with white bioluminescent phosphoresce. Who the hell is this guy?

"Pardon my rudeness, my name....is Crowlie, and I came to warn you"

Your POV:
"Warn me? About what?" I questioned Crowlie. He chuckled and gave me a small smile.
"It'd probably be best if you sat down, this may come as a shock to you....or not." At the raise of my questioning eyebrow he shook his head " It all depends on how much Jason has explained to you."
I nodded and sat on my bed Crowlie taking a seat next to me. It wasn't worth noting how formally he sat....and yet I took slight note of it....odd.

"Do you know who Nightshade the Reaper is?" He asked quietly. Nightshade.....the name sounded familiar.
"Vaguely, yes" I responded without but a moment's hesitation.
"Well, when you come to Manchester, Ginny will give you the full backstory. But the long and the short of it is that her jealousy manifests itself in interesting but deadly ways and her jealousy has decided that just like me and Ginny had to go through it you and Jason will suffer through it as well" he explained

"Suffer through what exactly?" I asked taken slightly aback
"I'm not sure what it'll be for you two but for me and Ginny it was a wager for our souls" Crowlie chuckled uncomfortably his hollow black eyes seeming to well up at the memory "I don't want the same fate for my would-be son and the love of his unlife"
I blushed heavily "Nonononono! We're not lovers of any sort, I'm simply his assistant" I managed (A/n: I'm simply one hell of an assistant, lol I'll stop)

"That's not the point though, the point is you need to be on guard 'fore the magenta haired little witch comes for you" Crowlie slipped a necklace from under his pale orange scarf "here" he murmured as he fixed it around my neck. The charm around it was a miniature bronze cage that held what looked to be a pale blue flame inside it.
"What is this?" I inquired as I touched the small charm

"It's called a soul cage, a special charm that protects one's immortal soul." Crowlie explained "Don't ever take it off, under ANY circumstances" his empty eyes seemed to gloss over me before voicing his approval.
"It suits you, plus it compliments that special little key resting near your pretty little heart anyway" he smiled, though his smile seemed...a little empty.....not unlike his eyes. Rather curious, why'd he mention such a small detail like the wind up key?

"Do you know something about this?" I asked holding up the key from where it was resting. Crowlie grinned knowingly and shook his head.
"Maybe" he giggled "who's it from anyway?" He questioned as if he didn't already know.
".....Jason, why?"
"Thought so. All will be revealed in time, and time is something you've got an abundance of anyway." He chuckled as he rose to his feet but then, as if correcting himself, he kneeled and kissed my hand quickly in true gentleman style, oh nostalgia.
"We'll be seeing each other again soon, in the meantime, I'd go take care of my lover~" he winked and rose to his feet again, making his way back to the balcony.
"Hey, we're not--" and then he jumped over the railing, disappearing into black dust with the wind.
".....lovers......" I facepalmed "fucking hell....."