concert

"joji, it's been two weeks since i've gotten out of the hospital, i'll be fine." amara reassured, scavenging her closet for the perfect outfit.

joji sat on amara's bed, watching her scramble, he found it quite amusing.

"black or blue?" amara questioned, holding up two bralettes.

"blue always makes your eyes pop." joji observed the choices, putting his phone down.

"okay, close your eyes." amara commanded, now ready to get dressed.

"it's not like i've never seen you naked before." joji chuckled.

amara responded with a glare that even joji was scared of.

"turning around and closing my eyes." joji spoke, quickly turning around.

amara pulled the lacey bralette over her head, struggling to buckle the back, so she moved on to her shorts.

"scratch that. can you buckle me up please?" amara grinned.

joji traced his fingers down the notches, hooking each individual piece slowly.

"so, what do you think?" amara twirled around in a circle.

"wow." joji spoke softly, glancing at amara's body.

"it's ugly i knew it, i don't know what else to wear i-" joji cut amara off.

"no, that was definitely a good wow." joji chuckled nervously.

amara's frown instantly turned to a gracious smile, she left a soft kiss on joji's cheek.

joji stood breathless as the short kiss lingered much longer than it actually lasted.

"ready to go?" amara turned around heading towards the door.

"u-uh, yeah." joji stuttered, mentally slapping himself in the face.

+

"c'mon you can't tell me you're not excited to see chance the rapper, red hot chili peppers, and milky chance all in one day?" amara questioned, plugging in the aux cord.

"i want you by my side. so i'll never have to be alone again." joji's low, borderline angelic voice sang along as he tapped the steering wheel to the beat of the song.

rolling the window down amara let the wind blow through her hair freely as the music blared through the speakers.

the rest of the car ride consisted of amara listening to joji sing different songs and the occasional "are we there yet?".

as they approached the area, a large parking lot filled with tents and people became visible.

"i can't believe this. it doesn't even feel real." amara mumbled to herself as she took in her surroundings of the loud music and equally loud souls.

as the beginning of cocoa butter kisses started to play and chance the rapper walked out on stage the crowd began to get louder, as well as joji.

"i told you you'd get excited." amara chuckled, nudging joji's arm."

as joji's favorite song played he rapped and sang along to every word, not missing a beat.

+

"let's go on that ferris wheel thing!" amara urged, pulling joji along towards the large contraption.

as the two slowly reached the top, amara intently observed the melting colors of the sun setting.

joji pulled out his phone, snapping a picture of amara.

"hey, what was that for?" amara giggled.

"you enjoy looking at the sunset, i enjoy looking at you." joji shrugged.

amara turned to face joji, tilting her head in confusion. she never really thought anything of all the cute compliments or odd sexual tension sometimes.

joji hesitantly shifted closer to amara, this is the moment he's been yearning for years.

amara got the signal and instinctively leaned in as well, until the ride came to a stop.

the door swung open, where a woman signaled them to get out.

"we should go see who's playing now." joji spoke quickly, trying to cover up what just almost happened.

they made their way over to the main stage where red hit chili peppers were closing the show.

amara noticed a group of girls staring at joji and whispering to each other.

as joji noticed the girls he smiled and nodded at them, earning giggles from the group.

an unusual feeling for amara grew in the pit of her stomach, was she jealous?

the jealous feeling was immediately replaced with butterflies when amara pulled joji in by his face, sharing a long kiss.

as amara kissed her best friend she couldn't decipher the difference between her feelings and the actual fireworks exploding in the air.