Broken

I spent most of the weekend in bed

I spent most of the weekend in bed. The only time I left was when I needed to get the morning after pill.

My phone was off the majority of the time. I had to turn it off after all the texts and calls I was getting.

I made my way into the bathroom and stared at my broken reflection. 

I felt empty.

Stripping off my clothes, I waited for the bath to fill up. I looked at all my bruises that that man put on my body.

My cheek was purple, along with my hips and wrists. You can easily see the fingerprints that were now embedded on my skin.

I stepped into the hot water and curled up before crying. My chest heaved as I took labored breaths.

I stayed in the tub until the water was ice cold. I quickly dressed into pajama pants and pulled on a jumper.

Crawling into my bed, I quickly fell asleep. I woke up a few hours later, puking into the toilet.

"Annabell!" My mother rushed in, holding back my hair, "Are you alright? Was it something you ate?"

"I'm fine, mum." I mumbled, spitting into the toilet.

Mum went to go get me some water and I brushed my teeth. I crawled back into bed and closed my eyes.

It wasn't until well into the next day when I woke up. Someone was stroking my hair, and I looked up and locked eyes with Maxxie.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, turning away from him,

"You weren't at college. And your mum let me in." He answered, "You look like shit, Annie."

"Can you leave, please?" I closed my eyes, "I want to be alone."

I heard Maxxie sigh, "Ill see you at Anwar's next week for his party." He kissed my head before leaving.

...

I finally worked up the courage to get out of bed. I put on a nice, form-fitting dress in this cream shade with white flats.

"Is Maxxie here?" I asked, stepping in between Jal and Michelle.

"No, don't think so." Jal answered,

I nodded and sipped on my coca cola, looking around for my blonde friend. Soon, Jal was whisked away and Michelle and I stood together.

"What's up with you and Maxxie?" Michelle asked,

"What do you mean?" I replied,

"I mean, he's obviously infatuated with you, and you obviously are infatuated with him." She elaborated.

"Maxxie's gay... and I don't like him like that." I responded.

"Mhmm." Michelle smirked before we both spotted Maxxie walking up to me. 

She left and Maxxie rubbed the back of his neck, "Hi."

"Hi." I replied

"Are you feeling better?" He asked and I nodded,

"A bit."

"Maxxie, I-"

"Annie I-"

We both let out a small laugh and I motioned him to go first and he did the same to me,

"I love you." We said at the same time.

"You do?"I asked, staring at him with wide eyes,

"Of course." Maxxie responded before cupping my cheeks and placing his lips on mine.