3 : Talk?

The next day, you woke up with puffy eyes and an aching back from having slept on the floor, crying yourself to sleep.

You went to college; fixed yourself up, put some make up on to make your eyes look less swollen and less like the hell you were truly feeling inside. Before you left, you checked your phone and found your inbox empty. You tried to ignore the sinking feeling in your chest at how easily he had given up.

He didn't even try to get me back, you scoffed inwardly.

Thrusting your phone into your back pocket, you made your way out; the sadness you felt easily replaced by anger.

Screw you, Kim Jongin.

Screw you.

--------------------------------

"Are you sure you're fine? Do you want to get our nails done or something?" You were at the library with Tae Ri, doing some extra credit work by helping out in some library duties. As of the moment, you were pushing a cart of books, returning them to their respective shelves as Tae Ri relentlessly persuaded you into doing some 'girl stuff' to get over the break up.

"We can go shopping, or get a make over---"

"Tae Ri." You whirled to face her, chuckling slightly. "Im fine, really."

Tae Ri looked at you, sighing. "No one's okay after a break up."

You sighed as you turned from her, stacking a couple of books on the shelves. "No, you're right. But right now I just don't want to think about it. I think it's better that way. I need some time to get over it first, okay?"

"A makeover will help---" she reasoned. "It'll take your mind off of it in no time!"

You chuckled, knowing that there was no arguing with her. "Okay fine. But can we do it in the weekends? I have tons of stuff to do for school this week."

Tae Ri smiled victoriously, "Of course! Saturday sounds good?"

You nodded weakly and before you went back to work you gave her an insinuating gaze, "Don't you have class or something?"

Tae Ri looked at her watch and her eyes widened, "Oh shit! Im gonna be late!"

You laughed as she gave you a half hug before running to the exit. "See you on Saturday!"

"Shhh!" Tae Ri made a peace sign to the librarian by the counter, who shot her a disapproving gaze, before bolting out the door. You shook your head at your friend. She maybe a little annoying but she means well.

You pushed your cart to the very back of the library, where the general fiction books were situated, since you had several ones in need of placing in that genre. You hated this part of the library, simply because the shelves are so high up and you had to use the ladder, which was a little shaky and looked like it could give any moment.

Filling your arms with several books, you groaned when your phone suddenly beeped. You balanced the book on you left arm as you grab your phone from your back pocket. You sighed in frustration when you saw that it was a message from Jongin.

We need to talk.

"Talk." You scoffed as you threw your phone over to the stack of books, continuing your job. "Go talk to yourself." You mussed.

Climbing up the ladder proved to be a tedious job, as you had to balance the book in your one arm, and your weight with the other. Reaching the top shelf, you started stacking the books into its respective place.

"I hate it when you ignore me."

You jumped at the sound of a familiar voice, causing you to lose your balance. You yelped as you felt yourself falling from the ladder, the books dropping with a loud thud to the carpeted floors. You prepared from impact but instead felt strong arms wrap around your body, cushioning your fall. You winced as your back hit something hard and soft at the same time.