Chapter 22 - Ascension

"The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere."

-- Barack Obama

Life was getting easier. I was adapting to the new lifestyle.

Days rolled by .. days become months.
Test after test. Exams after exams.

But would someone like me feel at home ? Actually I did. I enjoyed the dorm. The late night talks. The crushes. 24/7 with friends .. who wouldn't like that ?
And most importantly the co-ed system of course. At first those factors did affect my studies but you eventually learn how to take advantage of staying with your friends.

However there was one thing very pathetic about the hostel. We weren't allowed to go outside our school no matter what for six whole months and.... we only had veg. Food in the canteen. Just sad.
A prison kinda feeling ? Hell yea. 

I was after all  mourning the death of my former existence to a large degree.

  At times I've been at absolute war with my new surroundings. I mean I resisted everything. Other times, I felt like I couldn't get out of bed, I was so depressed . 

..........and then I entered into my final year of schooling. The twelfth grade. 

What is unknown, that creates fear.( everyone freaked out about the 12th grade anyway so that wasn't gonna make much of a difference)

The challenge with science and math in India is that they teach subjects in such a manner that students find these subjects tough, scary and definitely non friendly. 

 12th  Chemistry. Hundreds of reactions! I am telling you, you can't remember each and every one of them.

Too many concepts to learn, remember and apply. Absolutely zero research. Only cramming up. 

The better memory you had , the more you scored.

 Majority of 12th standard passouts usually score excellent because they are good at rote-learning. These kids face disasters when they opt for engineering,medicine etc. I think to myself.... ah ! i don't wanna be one of them . ( We'll see)

 There are only a handful of students genuinely built-for-academics.

I initially thought 12th grade was about two milestones: sending out college applications and receiving acceptance letters, but oh god... I would pay anything for the above to be held true.

But quite frankly 12th grade is"   All you think about while completing the course is to pass with high marks or to top.    "

Many of my friends from the hostel decided to move out and become day scholars in order to score more marks. Their parents didn't mind moving in from a different city for them. 

my MOM ? 

I tried; For months. 

and finally she agreed to shift to Chennai

A new step in life, a day scholar in chennai. Did I know how to find a house? , tuitions( a basic necessity for every 12th grade science student ) and 

oh well .... girlfriends  ( just kidding . I'm not gonna talk about them )

                                                     AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'M BACK <3