^18^

From: Louis
nice

it's hard getting front page of a magazine

was ur mom proud

From: Calum
yes

she told me she always wanted to see a picture of her son with birth control when shes checking out her groceries

From: Louis
wasn't it plan b?

From: Calum
I didn't think you knew what plan b was

kinda surprised you even know what birth control is

From: Louis
that's a low dig coming from someone so abnormally tall

From: Calum
It's so low you won't even have to use a step stool to see it

Tell Freddy happy birthday for me

From: Louis
Ur late

It was the 21st

From: Calum

I know 

Tell him happy birthday 

From:  Louis 

Maybe

Maybe not

From: Calum
Surprise me

From: Louis 
How's the redhead 

What's her name again?

From: Calum 
She's good 

Not pregnant 

From: Louis
Not pregnant is good

Bri got really bad migraines

From: Calum
You two living together?

From: Louis
Nah

Danielle wouldn't have it

Bris a good mom, but she's kinda crazy

You should see Freddy. He's so happy

From: Calum 

Aren't you in LA right now? 

Maybe I could

From: Louis

I'll ask Bri later

   Calum smiled at his phone, missing Louis. They weren't especially close, but he'd always looked up to Louis, in some sort of way. 

  Annie slung a bag over her shoulder and walked to the door, keys in hand. "Hey, where are you going?" Calum asked, noticing the keys in her hands. 

  "Community theater. It'll be a few hours, it's our last rehearsal before the performance. Why, do you need the car?"

  He shook his head, and said goodbye. Then, with a 'later' and a little smile, Annie left.

***********************************

  Annie had hoped that after the break, the cast would be nicer to her. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case. 

  Tensions were high, and this was their last chance to get it right. That meant that the pressure was on, making the usually disagreeable crew so much worse. Annie just tried to play her character to the best of her abilities- she wore the stupid, itchy costume, said the flirty lines with a voice higher than her own, and for every kiss, went all in, trying to make them as convincing as possible. It was clear to see the other character were trying their best too, but Fernando- that was his character's name- kept on dodging the kisses, pretending they happened and going along the script while doing his best to cut out as much of Annie's lines as possible.

  By the break, Annie was fuming. "What the hell was that?" she yelled, shoving him slightly.

  Fernando looked boredly at her. "I was just doing my lines, like I was supposed to. Take notes, you're lucky I saved you all those times you screwed up. Honestly, I don't know how you got the part, but I'm embarrassed."

  Annie tried to remain calm. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale....

  "You should just go home to your cats. Maybe if you saved up some money, you could buy a boyfriend."

  Annie clenched her fists, forcing herself to calm down, trying for a smile, though it probably looked more like a sneer. "Actually, I have a boyfriend. We are pretty happy, but even if I didn't, it wouldn't matter. My personality isn't defined by my relationship status."

  He rolled his eyes, ignoring her. "Whatever. He's probably old and fat anyways."

  Annie was about to retaliate when Thomas grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the stage. Shit- she was late.

  The entire scene, Annie was a bit off. She could barely think about anything but that asshole, what he'd said. It wasn't just that he was rude- he was so wrong.

  Three days. Then they performed. Then it was over, she wouldn't have to see him anymore. But still.... Annie wanted to get him back.