Twelve

"We should probably stop impulsively having sex..." Kyle laughs breathlessly as they lie on the bed together, tangled in each other's sweaty limbs. Their legs are wrapped around each other, and they've never felt closer than they ever have before. Dan pushes his face softly into Kyle's chest, feeling as it rises up and down to the boy's breathing.

"But I like it..." The innocence in Dan's voice is a great comparison to the passionate situation they find themselves in. Like usual, one thing lead to the other and it escalated quickly. Dan loves Kyle like he has never loved anyone ever before, and he prays to God that he'll get to spend the rest of his life with him.

Kyle says nothing but smiles, nuzzling his head into Dan's damp hair. He adores these moments where they can be so close to each other and there are no flaws to hide.

"I love you, Dan," he whispers, running his hand down Dan's body. "I love you so much."

A smile breaks over Dan's face, one that he cannot control, a loved crazed smile that makes love run through his veins. "I love you too, Ky. More than anything. More than anyone."

Dan looks up when he finishes playing the keyboard, and to his and Kyle's new friend, Woody.

The boy sits on Dan's bed listening to him sing. Kyle will admit that his boyfriend's singing is far quieter than it was whenever he sang in front of him, but he puts it down to nerves and first impressions.

"What do you think?" The singer questions nervously, trying to hide his shaking hands. His heart is in his throat, making him feel sick. He doesn't know why he's this nervous, though. He has sung in front of Kyle plenty of times and he was never this nervous.

There is a strange look on Woody's face which neither of the boys can identify. Kyle thinks it is shock, but Dan thinks it's wonder- confusion, even. Probably to why he even agreed to waste his time coming here in the first place...

"Dude! You're an amazing singer! You have some proper talent, mate!" He grins, excitement lacing every word. Dan's heart gives a slight flutter of relief, and a smile spreads over his face. "You could actually make something out of this, you know! Do you know how exciting this is?!"

"You think?" Dan questions with a face of excitement that it almost watches Woody's. Even Kyle is smiling broadly- he knew that Dan could put his name out there and make something of himself if he tried hard enough. It might not be a very large step, but it is something at least. For that, Kyle is proud.

"Course I do!" Woody grins, being the natural optimistic. "Come on Dan, put yourself out there! You're the only person holding yourself back!"

"I don't know..." The other boys huffs, "I mean... There's only me and you, really. I'm still trying to teach him how to play, but..." He gestures to Kyle who is sat next to Woody. Kyle has come to the conclusion that he'll probably not even be in the band, anyway. He has no musical ability whatsoever, so he wouldn't be surprised if Dan turned him down.

Woody shrugs, raising his eyebrows in suggestion, "Well, I think we can do it." He tells Dan, planting a hand on Kyle's shoulder. "He could play- I don't know, guitar? Actually, I know a guy who can play both bass and guitar. Want me to hit him up for you?"

Dan nods with a grin on his face. "Yeah, of course. More the merrier, I guess. Also, we'll find a place for you, Kyle, don't you worry."

Dan just wants to stand up and kiss Kyle- but he wonders how Woody would take it. He really wishes he could just sit over him and kiss him, though, just hold him in his arms.

"Well, how about this: Us two will work together and make a song, you know, so we both know how to play it, then we'll go to a pub in my town and see if they'll let us play it there. Well, they will, anyway, because I know them. I'll invite that guy along and then we can get his opinion and ask if he wants to join. Sound good?"

"Kyle, oh my God... I'm never going to be able to do this," the wild-haired teenager says, shaking his head. His quiff bounces around atop his head, but Kyle just wraps his arms around his boyfriend's waist.

Dan's parents went out for the night to go and see Dan's cousin or something, but Dan decided not to go. The clock on the wall says 01:43, and Kyle's eyes are burning from the lack of sleep.

"Of course you can, Dan. I know you can. I really believe you can do this." He says through a yawn, resting his head against Dan's shoulder. "But... Perhaps tomorrow, Danny? I'm so tired."

Dan shakes his head, pressing the first key once more, earning a groan from Kyle. "No, Ky. I need to get this down, or I'll completely embarrass myself when we play it."

"Da-a-an..." Kyle complains, gently pulling Dan away from his keyboard. "Please can we go to sleep? It's been a really long day."

His boyfriend sees the exhaustion in his eyes and flicks the power switch to his keyboard off. He takes his top and jeans off until he's left in his boxers, and lies down on the bed. Kyle has followed his footsteps and shed himself of his clothes excluding underwear.

"I love you, Kyle," Dan whispers as he koala hugs Kyle. Kyle puts his arm around Dan, feeling the boys head rest against his chest, listening to the beating of his heart.

"I love you too, Dan," he says quietly, closing his eyes.

"Forever?"

"Forever and a day."