Chapter 9

Alyson's P.O.V.

I woke up and not really in the mood for school today but I look over and see my phone flashing to tell me I missed a call. I unlock it to see it was Shane and he called me around midnight. I decide to take a shower and get dressed, I put on a floral crop top, light blue high-waisted shorts and a pair on peep toe light brown chunky heels. I left my hair wet so it will dry in waves.

I went downstairs to see my dad on the couch in a white t-shirt and boxer eating a bowl of lucky charms watching cartoons. He can be such a kid sometimes, I walk over and grab my keys. "Bye dad I'm off to school" I kissed his cheek. "Ok honey I'll see you when you get home."

I get in my car and finally got around to listening to Shane's voice-mail and he said he wanted to talk but I wondered what it was about. I get to school and go to my locker and see Lena leaning up against it. "Sup chica" I say as she scoots to the side so I can open my locker. "Nothing but who's car was that in your driveway yesterday" she says and I'm guessing she saw my moms car.

"It was my moms car, she thought it would be smart to come over" I say shutting my locker. "What did she want ?" she asked "Honestly I don't know cause I didn't let her stay long enough to find out"

'Oh' was all she said and then the bell rung signaling for us to go to class.

(Lunch)

I walked out of my 2nd period class head to the cafeteria when I felt a hand grab my shoulder. I turn around and see it was Shane and he had this look on his face that said he was thinking hard about something. "Hey can we talk outside" was all he said and I nodded and he lead me outside to the picnic tables. We sat on opposite sides form each other "So what's up" i say. 

He looked at me then opened his mouth then paused and looked down at the table. What the hell is problem why is he finding it so hard for him to say anything. He opened his mouth again and finally said something I didn't expect.

"Where were you all those years? and tell me the truth please" I was shocked, where did this come from. Why would he bring this up all of a sudden and what has he heard to make him ask about it. Honestly I didn't know what to say so we sat in a uncomfortable silence. He just sat there looking at me with these eye that I couldn't decipher.

I decided to talk and put all my crap on the table cause I couldn't take all of this anymore. " I..I. I was in jail for those years I wasn't here, some things happened and I got in some serious trouble and I had to go away for a while" I say thinking about the all the shit my mother put me through.

He looks at me "What did you do to get you sent away?"

"I came home early one day while my dad was on deployment. I saw a weird car in the driveway and I walked in to see my having sex with some other guy that wasn't my dad. So I did what any other kid would do and I took pictures of her and saved them and was gonna wait for when my dad got home. After I took the pictures I ran straight to my room and shut the door but I did it a little to loudly and that's when things started going down hill. She was mad that I was there and so she slapped me. Later on through the days she would hit when ever she got the chance. Then eventually I had enough and snapped. I blacked out and when I came to my mom was in the corner crying and she looked liked complete shit. Her hair was mess, she was cover in cuts and bruises, she had a black eye, a busted lip, and her clothes were in shreds. Then next thing the cops were coming through the door and hand cuffing me. About a month later I had a trial and my dad had tried his hardest to not let me go to jail but I beat my mom so bad i got charged with aggravated assault plus the judge was the guy my mom was sleeping with so it was I knew it was good-bye" when I finally finished telling him I was in tears.