Chapter 2

Ruby POV
Finally a pleasant dream played in my head as I slept. I felt less pained as I unconsciously moved closer to Weiss. Since I was in such close proximity to Weiss I could hear her quiet snores and even her heartbeat. It kept me asleep until her heart started beating more rapidly. Weiss was panting and was getting more tense under me, causing me to open my eyes.

"Father no." I heard Weiss mumble under her breath as she trembled.

I was unsure if I should wake her up or continue listening. I unconsciously decided the ladder to nervous to awaken her myself. I stayed close to her listening while trying to convince myself that it was only to help her.

"Dad please." Weiss mumbled before her eyes busted open.

Wary light blues stared into concerned silvers. Weiss shocked by the sudden meeting of eyes jumped and nearly fell off the bed. Ruby caught her arm keeping her dangling a bit over the floor. Ruby grunted and slowly pulled her back onto the bed.

"Weiss are you okay?" Ruby asks quietly seeing Blake stir a bit in her sleep.

"Yeah I'm fine Ruby, just be more careful." Weiss grumbled frustrated.

"But you're the one who jumped." Ruby stated with a sigh.

Weiss sighed quietly, "Don't worry about it Ruby. It's none of your concern." She attempted to leave Ruby's bed.

Ruby growled under her breath and pinned her down frustratedly. How was Weiss just going to leave like that. She thought Weiss was better than that.

"I thought you said I'll be there for you?!" Ruby whisper yelled cautious of her sleeping teammates, "Were you just lying so you can have some comfort!"

"No Ruby that's not it. I just don't need you to worry about this." Weiss stated pointing at her chest.

"You don't want me to worry about your chest size? That's the last thing on my mind Weiss." Ruby stated confused.

Weiss facepalmed her cheeks tinted with a light pink hue, "No not my chest size Ruby, I meant me."

"Oh...." Ruby dragged out, "Why would I not worry about my teammate? Especially one who cared enough to keep me company."

Weiss sighed softly, "Ruby."

"I'll be there for you when your sad and can't be happy. Your not alone." Ruby repeated what Weiss said to her earlier.

"It doesn't apply to either of us at the moment because I'm not sad and I can be happy, just as simple as this." Weiss said as she smiled fakely, but it was absolute perfection.

Ruby pursed her lips unable to utter a word about it. She smiled falsely back but there were obvious cracks in her facade. Weiss not being one for emotions and being in the dark didn't really see a difference.

"Good night Ruby." Weiss said ruffling Ruby's hair before going back into her own bed.

Ruby sat dumbstruck in her own bed. What Weiss called comforting a team member Ruby called a joke. Weiss laid in her bed silently unable to sleep while Ruby stayed in her current condition.

"Someone else I love left." Ruby said barely above a whisper before her body shook from her suppression of sobs.

"I'm sorry Ruby." Weiss mumbled quietly before covering her face with her pillow.
_______________________________
Vote if you like. A few people wanted another chapter to this so I did it. I hope you enjoy and give BlakeLuvsYang a follow.