[4] Eastbourne

A/N: dedicated to _lovelysadness_ for the cover.

the song is the bakery by the arctic monkeys. it doesn't really fit this chapter, but it's perfect for chapter one so I probably should've used it there but i only found it last night so yeah.

enjoy!

---------------------------

❝I wish I would've seen you down in the arcade, sipping on a lemonade, in a paper cup, and chewing on the straw❞- The Bakery, Arctic Monkeys 

Once we were all strapped into the van, the matter was soon dismissed. Conversations ran as usual; Oliver started talking about this shop in Eastbourne that apparently sold the best fish and chips in Britain, Alex started strumming his guitar, not really performing any song in particular -- just a random jumble of notes, and Will was just being himself. I didn't say much the entire trip. While the subject had left my band mate's minds, it still continued to linger around me. I spent a majority of the time gazing out the window in deep thought, racking my brain for any clue that I could've missed last night.

            When we finally arrived I was the last to step out of the bus, and by a long way. I felt like leaving this bus and setting foot in a new town meant leaving behind all that happened in Brighton -- forgetting about it, almost, and that was the last thing I wanted.

            The first thing on our agenda was to check into our hotel. When you’re on the road for a large period of time, hotels aren’t as exciting as they commonly are. You become sick of the mini shampoo and conditioner, the room service menu, and the hard-to-work TV. By the end of it, all you really care for is a mattress comfy enough to drop onto after a tiring night of performing.

            We unloaded our suitcases out of the bus and pulled them along the paved ground, the hotel now in clear view. It was just a small structure; not remotely close to a floor-to-ceiling windowed, luxurious skyscraper.

            Having our small crew and management team surround us as we advanced towards the hotel, all with dark shades over our eyes, made us feel like we were international popstars. Of course, we had to imagine the screaming, barricaded fans and the continuous camera flashes.

            Once inside, our manager approached the receptionist desk to check us in, telling us we could wait in the lobby for the time being.

            “So what they do, right,” Oliver was still persistent in making us agree to try out the fish and chip place he swore by. He hadn’t positively sold me yet, as fish and chips seemed to form our entire diet, and frankly I was in the mood for something new. “Is they put beer in the batter.”

            “Beer?” Will questioned as he slid his phone out of his pocket, not entirely interested in Oliver’s product.

            “Yeah. And I don’t know why, but it makes it that much better. Are ya down?”

            We all stood in silence. It was evident from Will and Alex’s faces that they too, had already consumed enough fish and chips on this tour to last them a lifetime.

            “Alright.” Alex gave in after a few seconds. He usually agreed to things, which made it easy for him to comply with any dare we threw at him. He’d been the main source of entertainment the whole tour.

            “Yeah, whatever.” Will replied, still scanning his phone. I didn’t think he even knew what he’d just agreed to. He could’ve said yes to drinking poison and he wouldn’t be fussed, as long as it got whoever was bugging him to leave him to his precious phone.