[10] Sights

A/N: So I'm really, really happy with this chapter and I hope you are too.

Dedication goes to KateWells7 for her comment

Check out the song on the side, yeah? And Enjoy. 

_________________________

“We’re going out.” she informed me in her breezy, harmonious voice.

            “How the fuck did you get my number?” was all I could reply back into the cool metal I had nested between my ear and shoulder.

            “Your number was basically pleading for me to take it when I found Will’s phone just sitting at the bar unattended last night. Now get your shoes on, I’ll be at the hotel in ten minutes.” she answered with ease

            “Eleanora, I’m supposed to be going back to Holmes Chapel today.” I argued, running a leathery hand over my creased brow.

            “And I’m supposed to be at a summer camp for ‘troubled’ kids. See you soon.”

            The line went dead and I was transported back to the stone cold, desolate and vaguely depressing hotel suite. Not only was I alone, but I couldn’t hear the usual chatter emitting from the other rooms. Everything felt eerie. I suspected it was because everyone else was either nursing their hangovers or sleeping in, relishing the fact that the tour had ended.

            On the bright side, the hotel quality had improved noticeably. I guess it was because it was London and everything was supposedly jazzed up. The furnishings actually complimented each other and the bathroom contained a sufficient number of towels for once.

            I looked to the unmade and vacant bed adjacent to me. I didn’t want to know where Will was. After seeing him pissed to the point that he mistook me for a female, my respect for him reached an all-time low.

            “Alrighty then.” I muttered to myself, accepting the fact that there was nothing to stall or distract me from what, let’s face it, was going to happen inevitably.

            I peeled the covers away from my sluggish figure, thankful that it was the last time I’d be waking up in a hotel bed for a while. The underside of my feet came into harsh contact with the frigid wooden floor, almost pressuring me to jolt them back and tuck them protectively under the covers. But I pressed on.

            Rubbing sleep out of the corners of my eyes I scurried off to the bathroom in merely my boxers, not really caring that the curtains were open, not only flooding in the early light, but granting everyone a front row seat to watch my morning routine. The floor I inhabited was fairly high up anyway. It didn’t matter.

            What did matter was making myself appear faintly presentable for when I actually did step out into public. I found my way to the bathroom mirror, watching my zombie like face stare back at me. My face was pasty and bleak and my expression could be described as slightly murderous. The purple bags under my eyes reflected my lack of sleep last night, and my mass of hair felt exceeding oily when I ran my fingertips through it.

            I splashed a maximum amount of cold water onto my face, only easing the situation slightly. Eleanora would be in the lobby in roughly nine minutes. Can I have a shower in that time? Bloody hell I can. I thought to myself, half out of self-confidence and half because I knew there was no way I will ever leave a building looking like this.

            Wriggling out of my boxers, I rotated the shower taps and adjusted the water temperature so it was warm enough to relax me but not enough to burn me. I stepped into the cubical and began scrubbing at my skin with the provided soap. I tapped my palm aggressively against the base of a cylinder, forcing the stubborn scented shampoo into my other hand. I massaged the strawberry smelling product into my damp curls before rinsing thoroughly and shutting off the water flow.