Chapter 1 (Rewritten) Welcome to True Cross Academy

Yumi's POV

Tch humans. I walk out my room into the darkened hallway of the apartment, looking around to make sure I wasn't being watched. I make my way down the stairs with my luggage, which was just a shoulder bag, trailing behind me. I guess I should've listened to Mephisto when he advised me to tuck my tail into my pants when I go out anywhere. Ahh, this makes the 10th time that I have to move because some human found out that I was a demon. "Well better hurry up before they call the exorcist over here." I mutter opening the front door. 

I look out unto the scenery of Paris in the winter. The moonlight illuminating off the snowy streets, my mind getting caught in a memories brought from the sight. I snap my head away. "Gotta stay focus. "I sigh stuffing my hands into the pockets of my puffy coat. Once making it to the underground subway, I start thinking about where to sit. However, once the train arrived,it was pretty empty, only having a young couple on-board. I give a sigh of relief, getting on sitting a couple of seats away from them. The man was reading the newspaper. "Ils n'ont pas attrapé le loup."(translation: They didn't catch the wolf) the woman says with fear in her tone. Hmm? "Comment fait la police manque de le grand loup?"(Translation: How did the police miss a big wolf?)The man mutters in frustration. My eyes widen wondering....could it be? I dashed over to them in a panic. "Où est le grand loup?!" (Where is this large wolf?) I demanded. Shocked they handed me the newspaper being confused and scared. I skim through the pages where it talked about a large wolf that was spotted on the outskirts of Paris who's fur was sliver white. Hmm.  I looked at the train number and tried to plan my route to where the next spotting it will be. 

After hours of sitting on the train, I finally find myself in a place outside the main part of Paris. Once hitting the surface I looked around, a desolate wind blown through the sleeping town as I held my hair down from blowing in my face.  I continue walking through the town, looking at all the houses and closed stores. I sigh, not seeing that wolf. Suddenly a get a strong feeling someone was behind me,the power caused me to leap up and land a couple of feet back. I quickly pull out my dagger with a fang shaped blade and got into my defensive stance which caused my fur-tuft tail to slash out. "Ahah, So that's how you'll greet me, Little sister?" I roll my eyes to see a certain purple haired demon of time, Mephisto. "What do you want?" I mutter standing down. "Nothing. I just wanted to see my darling little sister." he grins patting my head. I pushed him away. "Tell me what you really want. So what does the 'King of time' want from me,hmm?" I narrow my demonic eyes at him. "Aha are you still looking for him?" he chuckled walking around me. "Tch so what if I am. He's my ... friend after all.So cut to the chase. " I reply back crossing my arms. "Well I was wondering if you would mind becoming a teacher at my school, True Cross Academy?" he smiles placing a cherry blossom in my hair. "A school?The one for exorcist? Why would I be a teacher there? I'm a demon don't you remember?" I snap my body towards him. "Ah it's just I recently enrolled the 'Spawn of Satan', Rin Okumura into my school. " he continues to explain. My eyes widen when he says Rin's name. "What happened to Shiro?" I demanded getting closer to him. Mephisto looks at me and sighs. "He was killed a while back by father." he replies. "Kuso..."I mutter biting my thumb before looking back at Mephisto. "And I wanted you to be the new demonology teacher because you have great knowledge about demons and how they work from weak spots to how to summon each one, right?" he grins. "Ok, but why me, hmm?" I asked,holding another dagger with my tail, just in case. "Ah you're my little sister. Besides you've never been to Japan before,right? The home of anime and manga." he smiles holding his hand out to me. I snap my head away to hide my blushing face. Of course he knows my love for Japanese culture, unfair. I turn around and start to think about it. "Ah fine,it's not like I have anything really important to do." I take a hold of his hand and we shake. "Great.See you tomorrow." he grin before he poof away in a purple cloud. 'WHAT!" I looked in my hand to see a plane ticket. So fast....oh what did I get myself into.

After hours of siting alone on the plane, I finally made it to Japan.  The moment I step out the airport, I cheer,"I'm in Japan!" I hop around everywhere, looking at everything with manga in hand. My eyes widen with excitement as I look around. I stop once seeing an sign that catches my eye. "True Cross Academy, Yumi Kuromura." Huh?" I walk over to see two unfamiliar exorcist without weapons or scrolls. Hmm I guess things have changed since the last time I was an exorcist."Are you Ms.Kuromura?" the oldest person asked showing his ID. I nod in response as I follow them into a car. Looking at the wonderful sights of Japan from all the lights to all the store.  Once making it through the large black gates, I look forward to see the many building that made up True Cross. It's so huge, I hope I don't get lost.  

I stretch my arms as I look at the entrance. "Hmm, where am I suppose to go?" I mutter looking around. Something startas glowing under me but, when I look down, my body was engulf in the light causing me to cover my eyes. "WHAT!?" I looked around confused. "Hey,Long time no see,Yumi." a familiar voice calls as the light fades away. Looking around,everything stopped; frozen in time. "Welcome, welcome.So you decided to come after all." a another voice greets. I turn towards it to see Mephisto, and roll my eyes. "So, I had nothing else to do." I mutter with a shrug. I then grin, "So you froze time,why? Wanna a rematch?"I got into my attack stance with low domonic energy surrounding my body. He slowly gives me a grin that sends a little chill up my neck while giving me a look of trickery.  I quickly snap my head around to the other voice i heard earlier,but I was too late. "Gara,Gara!" the voice chants. Several spectral bears rush behind a woman in a black hoodie toward me,Kuso.  I block my face as the bears dash past me, making my power disappear,leaving me feeling weak. In a flash she appears in front of me and before I could do anything she knocked me out using the back of her katakana.

After what seemed like hours,I finally came too. Opening my eyes,I looked to see that I was laying on a couch in a elegant room. I slowly sit up to see Mephisto sitting in his office desk and the woman leaning on the desk. "Oh I see you're awake.Have any sweet dreams?" Mephisto says with his elbows on the desk. "Uh.What did you do to me?" I mutter rubbing my head. "Knocked you out and temporarily took your powers.Duh." the woman laughs. I growl getting up and marching up to her. "Do you know who I am!?" I shout. "Yumi, demon king(queen) of dreams." she smiles taking her hood off,revealing her long black hair to me. I looked shocked at her green eyes that i haven't seen in a long time. "Scarlet?!" I step back from the shock. "Hehe in the flesh. "she grins. "Well then,you gotten stronger,eh?" I joked rubbing my head while my tail wags. In the distance I could see something on the root of my tail."Huh?" I looked down at the golden bangle around the root of my tail as i stop wagging it. "Uh What is this?" I point to it glaring at Mephisto. With a grin he says," It's called a 'tail ring'. It's a precaution to make sure the incident that happened last time, doesn't happen again."he leans his head conformable on his wrists. "Tch what do you mean?" I growl slightly. "The court has decided that you must be required to wear that at all times.No matter what.So try not to act out of line this time, darling sister." he give me his signature grin. I start to stomp my way to his desk and slam my palms on his desk. "Act out of line.I'll show you wh-" before I could say anything else, Scarlet chants something and the tail ring tightens which caused my whole body to become  paralyzed. A sudden jolt of pain shoots through my body from my tail,spreading like wild fire. Kuso. The unbearable pain made me scream and fall to my knees, then everything went dark.