Chapter 6

Chapter 6 ~ Vampires!

Logan's POV

Waking up to the curtains being pulled back I rolled over. Wincing as my bruised skin stretched with my body. It hit me as I rolled over to greet my mom the events of the prior night. Panic set in as I snapped up only to go tumbling back down with a cry of pain. My mom snapped her attention to me. "Honey what's wrong?" My moms voice was laced with worry. She moved to my side  lifting my shirt from where I  was clutching. She unrolled the gauze. A gasp escaped her lips. "What happened?" Her words filled with shock.

"I fell out of bed." I lied pain present.

"Oh dear. Stay here I'll get you some ice and call you off school." She said leaving my room. I waited till I knew she was far enough away and shot up.

"Gregory!" I whisper yelled looking under my bed. My closet door cracked a hiss coming from the boys mouth. My side was throbbing but it was the least of my worries. Throwing my body forward I shut the curtains almost hitting the ground when cold arms wrapped around my waist. I thanked him as he placed me back on my feet.

"You keep hurting yourself for my benefit." He muttered ushering me back to my bed.

"Well your safety is important to me." I told him as if it was nothing. I didn't know why I felt so inclined to protect the spikey haired boy. I felt a connection and a strong one at that. His eyes met mine again. He shook his head body going rigid at the sound of my mom coming up the stairs. I shuffled myself back under the covers ushering him into the closet. His trench coat flowing behind him. My mom bust in ice pack in hand.

"Here you go honey. I called you off but I got to get Tony to school and go to the market." She said apologetically.

"It's okay mom Ill find something to kill time." I smiled wincing as she pressed the cold pack to my side. She nodded kissed my head and left the room. After making sure we were clear I stood from my bed opening the door to let the Gregory exit my closet. I smiled at the boy. "Ready to get back to your bat-cave vampire boy?" I asked teasingly.

"But the sun." He said avoiding my teasing.

"You can turn into a bat right?" I asked grinning. He nodded hesitantly. "So you turn into a bat and I can take you in my jacket and shield you from the sun." He looked at me skeptically. "Come one Gregory trust me." I smiled my heart fluttering when he nodded. My cheeks turned pink as I turned to my closet. "Let's get you home!" I grabbed my jacket and slung it on.

Next chapter up soon