ii. brother vs. brother

BROTHER VERSUS BROTHERLILA SCOTT

LILA SCOTT

"You got away with driving a bus with multiple kegs and bunch of hookers, and you want me to congratulate you?" Lila scoffed at her brother, holding her phone close as she walked along the road.

After hearing that most of the basketball team had gotten in trouble for drinking and stealing a bus, Lila couldn't help but be disappointed in Nathan. He only got away cause the police man knew how rich her dad was, Nathan deserved to be off the team for the tomfoolery he did. Surprisingly, Nathan knew it too and he felt bad, but still wanted to take pride in it.

"Grand theft auto, Lily. Stealing a damn bus and getting away with it. I would be proud of your older brother!" He boasted.

Nearing Karen's Cafe, Lila rolled her eyes, "Older brother, but I'm obviously the most mature."

Karen's cafe was a place she was familiar with, she only went when it was busy and no one other than Karen would recognize her. For the woman who was the mother of Lila's bastard of a brother, she treated Lila like her own. Offered her jobs, giving her smirks when cute boys-and beautiful girls-offered Lila their number. The only person who didn't care much for Lila was Lucas. But she was fine with that as her coffee was more important than the boy.

Nathan sighed over the phone, "Just because mom says it doesn't mean it's true."

Lila stopped in her tracks near the cafe door, a scowl printed on her face. "Shut the hell up, Nate. Mom's make the world go 'round and everything they say is true. They are the smartest around."

Opening the cafe door with her one free hand, Lila heard Nathan give the infamous Scott scoff of his own, "Don't be a smart ass. Get me a bagel at the cafe, Lily, and I'll talk to you later. Love you."

Lila showed a lighthearted smile to herself, "Love you too." Hanging up she looked up to find that not only was the cafe almost empty, but Karen and Haley were beyond the counters. It was quite late and most people were out shopping on Friday nights, but the cafe looked like a desert town. Karen and Haley both stared at the younger Scott, Karen soon smiling, but Haley frowning as she mixed a pot of soup.

Lila faltered, "Is it closed? I was talking to Nate-uh-and I just walked in, I didn't really read anything." Her eyes flickered to Haley who dropped her gaze and bit her lip while stirring the pot. "I can leave if it is?"

"Yes! You can." Haley exclaimed while Karen said, "No, no, not a problem. We were about to close in a few minutes." The two workers gave each other a glance before Karen told the girl to get whatever she liked.