9. Overboard

9. Overboard

Natalía
"You lying bitch! I know you're fucking him." She charged at me so fast I didn't even have time to defend myself. "What the fuck!" I pushed her off me and right into Marc's arms. "Enough Andrea." His arms locked around her waist from behind caging her in.

"Have you lost your damn mind?" I straightened my clothes and glared at her. "I could have you arrested for that."
"No one is getting arrested Natalía. It was an error on her part."

"I don't care. Get me arrested you man stealing whore! You are not getting him!" I rolled my eyes. Clearly she was a psycho. I was definitely not getting involved in this mess.

"Uh...ok then, I'm going to leave. It's clear you are not in your right mind." She started screaming as I walked towards the door. "You're not getting him you bitch! I'd rather kill you first!" I scoffed. "Yeah, you go ahead and do that." I definitely did not want to get caught up in this crazy mess. From now on I would keep away from Marc Paxton until my job is done and I can go back home. He might be good in bed but I'm sure better is out there.

****************

"I've never seen you around here before."
"That's because I've never been here before."
"Feisty. I like that." Internally I groaned. I wasn't in the mood to be picked up tonight. I was kind of pissed I didn't get to pummel that bitch's face in. "Can I buy you a drink?" I really was not in the best of moods. "No need. I can buy my own drink."
"No need to be like that darling. I was just being kind."
"Look," I glared at him. "I'm in a shitty mood and I don't like dealing with strange people when I'm like this. Now if you'd be so kind as to disappear, that would help in brightening my mood." Of course he went nowhere. He sat quietly by my side giving me the space I needed. He was cute though.

It was two in the morning when I let Josh out of my apartment. After I had cooled down we got to know each other a bit. In the beginning I had no intention of sleeping with him, but after finding out who he was and where he worked I fucked him out of spite. And I loved every minute of it. I might not like him but I was definitely satisfied with the way he handled my body. A girl could get used to it. Who knows, maybe I might even let him do me again sometime soon.

Marc
Andrea was being annoying again. The only reason I'm even with her is because I want to keep her close to find out what she and my brother is up to. I don't particularly like her but she was never this nagging before.

"I know you're fucking her Marc. Why don't you admit it?"
"Because I'm not. She is my PR officer, nothing more."
"Is that why her tongue was down your throat and your hands on her breasts for the world to see?"
"How many times do I have to explain that to you?"
"I'll find out either way." Luckily she decided to drop the topic because I was more than annoyed with her stupid behaviour now.

"Shouldn't you be leaving?"
"I'm sleeping here tonight."
"Are you now?" It seems I was being too nice. "Babe I'm flattered you want to spend the night with me but we already fucked and I'm tired of seeing your face. Leave after you take a shower." That was the end of that. I don't know what the hell she was trying to prove by implying she was sleeping here.

**************
"When something like this happens you contact me first! No matter what the situation is you are supposed to call me before you do anything! You don't rush right out into the lion's den!"

We were in the hospital waiting room and all eyes were glued to our encounter. "Am I to stop and watch a woman bleed to death while waiting for you to pick up your damn phone?" I was giving as much as I was getting. She scoffed at my words. "She tried to kill herself. She had no intention of living anyway!" I pulled back a little from the shock of her words and my demeanour changed. Attempted suicide isn't something to take lightly. "Well it doesn't matter if she was successful in doing it or not. What matters now is for you to do your damn job. I don't care how you do it or what you do to fix this, just as long as you get it done. This conversation is over." I turned my back on her not wanting to hear anything more from her. Whether she did it out of desperation or because she was really troubled, Andrea tried to kill herself. I found her in the shower passed out after slicing her wrist open. The only thought in my mind at that time was getting her to a hospital so she could get help, and how I did it wasn't something I thought about.

After getting confirmation from the doctors that she would be okay I filled out the necessary paperwork. Of course they wanted to keep her overnight for observation and I didn't object. The doctor said it was okay to visit her so I went and sat with her for a while. What exactly was going through her mind when she did something like that? No doubt my image was going to take a hit again. I just cannot win. They were already saying she tried to kill herself because she caught me in bed with another woman. I'm sure as more time passes the stories will only get more ridiculous.

I must have fallen asleep because the next time I opened my eyes I was staring into a similar pair of brown ones. "You're awake." She cleared her throat and tried to speak again. I got her a glass of water and adjusted her pillow before she attempted to get the next set of words out. "You stayed here all night?" I nodded. "What happened?"
"You don't remember?" I searched her face intensely to see if she was lying, but I just couldn't tell. "I'll get the doctor to come talk with you. While you're doing that I'll arrange our transport to go home. You're staying with me until you recover."
"Okay." She smiled.

When I took her home I made sure to keep her away from anything media related, which wasn't a problem because she slept most of the day anyway because of the medication. Natalía didn't contact me from we had our argument last night and I didn't contact her either. That was fine by me as long as she was doing the job she was getting paid for.

Natalía
"So you two are living together now?" It was too damn funny how Andrea managed to manipulate her way into staying with him. But it wasn't any of my business. "I came to tell you I handled it so far. Some news station will still be running the story but for now everything is okay. No one blames you for anything and some of them even sympathize with your situation."
"What do you mean by that?"
"It means that no one thinks you're a cheating bastard. They just think your girlfriend suffers from a severe case of depression."

He didn't comment on that right away, but he didn't look pleased. "Couldn't you have handled it better? I thought you were the best!"
"Well that's the best it's going to get. This is business, so put your personal feelings aside and think about it logically."
"If this is how you handle a sensitive situation don't bother doing anything in the future." I was tired of having the same conversation about that bitch. "Well it is done and there is nothing you can do about it. I will leak the news that you two are now living together and you are caring for her. That should do you a world of good. If you don't like it or like the way I do things you can fire me." This shit was getting old. From now on I won't give a fuck about Marc Paxton or his life.

****************
"That was amazing."
"You're welcome." I really needed that just now. I needed to let off some steam and Josh was the perfect escape. We fucked liked two people who had been in this game for a long time. There was nothing emotional at all. I didn't even kiss him. I needed his cock and he provided it. That's all there was to it. I didn't even like the guy.

"Where are you going?" I fixed my clothes and prepared to exit his car. "I have things to do."
"You're just going to leave like that? I feel used."
"You were used. Get over it. We both know you enjoyed it just as much as I did. We should do this again sometime. I'll call you." Without waiting for his response I opened the door and got out.