Chapter 20: Forty-five Minutes

"It's fine, you're worth a whole lot more than 30

"It's fine, you're worth a whole lot more than 30."

Malia's voice and images of the cursed paper spun around my head repeatedly, it was completely eating me.

Josie Carlisle, 55.

I couldn't understand it. Why was I worth so much? The number cant add up with the main jackpot. Do they know about the medium thing? And how was I worth more than Scott? He's the True Alpha, the strongest of us all. I know he tends to doubt himself but everything's he's been doing has been incredible. I don't even know what do with what I have, it barely has control of itself. But the main question still remained completely apparent.

Why would my two best friends, the main people I trusted more than anyone, hide this from me?

🌙

"I still hate this plan. I mean this is pretty significantly terrifyingly. He looks dead." Melissa stammered. She was wiping tears from her eyes like her biggest fear actually had came true. I agreed with her though. Scott did look dead, laying there on the morgue slab. For some reason, our alpha decided to come up with a plan to fake his death to get a better chance to catch the Benefactor and whoever was helping him.

This was the first time I've seen everyone since what happened two weeks ago, even though Kira did still update on what else has been taking place. I haven't really spoke to Stiles since I found out what he was hiding from me so him standing there next to me was a bit weird. It was like that vibe you get from confrontation, like it's weird but not really. I hate dealing with that. And standing beside him like nothing has happened between us really made me feel uncomfortable.

Mrs.Yukimura put her hand out, "Give me your hand."

Melissa hesitated.

I placed my hand on her shoulder softly, "It's okay."

She slowly nodded and Mrs.Yukimura placed her hand upon her son's chest so she could feel his heartbeat. It was obviously pretty slow but I could hear it.

"Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?" Melissa inquired worriedly.

"Enough for an Alpha." Kira's mom responded.

I folded my arms, "So how much time do we have again?"

"Forty-five minutes."