thirteen

•••

•••

"Why are we going to this party Nell" I snap out of contemplation to see Lydia wearing a strapless baby pink dress that comes right above her knees. it has a beautiful lilac lace on it; wrapped right above her waist with a bow tied to it.

"Because everyone's going– anyways there's somthing else I need to do there" I sigh, playing with the hem on my white laced dress.

"You two look great but you know its a black light party right?" I look up to see Aiden with a broad smile on his face.

"If I wanted to go to a rave, I'd get in a time machine and go back to the '90s." Lydia glared at him.

"I deserve basically everything you say about me. But, you know, I was pretty instrumental setting this up. All this?–" I cut him off

"And do you know how annoyed Dereks going to be when he realizes that there's a party at his house" I slip my phone out of my pocket.

"Dont Nell" i scowl at him and enter Derek's loft to see it had been totally transformed.

"Wow" I mumble and take a plastic cup of some strange substance.

"I wouldn't drink that if I were you" a familiar voice from behind me.

"Why not?" A sly smile appears on my lips as I recognize the voice as Stiles's.

I turn around and notice that Stlies couldn't take his eyes off me.

"Lost for words Stilinski?" He snaps back into reality.

"Nell you look– you look beautiful" I blush.

"Thanks, you're not looking so bad yourself" i playfully punch his arm.

"Wanna sit?" I nod and we both sit on a couch; surrounded by drunk bystanders.

"So why are you here?" I shrug.

"What about you? What is my socially awkward companion doing at a party" he laughs.

"Your funny" I notice that everyone around us had been  covered in illuminous body art.

"Listen theres somthing i need to tell you" he pauses. " a random key just showed up there on my key ring this morning. So I asked my dad if he put it there but he said he didn't know anything about it."

Unexpectedly a loud noise overpowered the music and erupted in my head; It was like nothing I had ever heard before...

I bring my pondering to a end when the noise stops and remeber that Stiles was talking to me "It's just a key, right?" He nods

"Yeah, but it's not mine.
And I don't know how it got there or what it's for." I sigh and he pulls it out.

"Wait why's there phosphors on the key?" I ask

He shrugs "What are phosphors?"

"Oh, they're any substance that luminesces– It's in your teeth and your fingernails. Laundry detergent and the body paint everyone but us seem to be plastered in" i take the key from his grasp and draw my attention towards it.

So focused in the key, I eventually gaze up to see Stiles was looking at me.

"Hey Stilinski, what are you doing–" I stopped as he moved a stand of hair out of my face.

"Stiles?" I ask while keeping eye contact, he randomly comes out of his dayz.

"Sorry– It Reacts to the UV light, that's why it glows right?" I nod

"How would You get phosphors on your key? Haven't been handling chemicals have you?" I ask and somehow hear his breathing increase to a rapid pace.

"im sorry, I just thought of somthing and I have to go Nellyphant" he stumbles off the couch and exits.

"Nellyphant?"