Falling down Into The Pit -Nouis AU

Chapter 1.

Standing in the giant hallway, I was clueless. What happened? Why am I here? Where is here exactly? Question after question popping into my head, all of which I did not have the answer to. It was cold and dusty with dull colours blending into each other. “NIALL! NIALL” I could hear a women’s voice at the end of the hall, it sounded distant but I knew who it belonged to.  As I turned to face down the hall where the voice was, I began to run.

Going faster than I ever had before, I ran right into her arms. Her piercing blue eyes welling in tears as she held me close to her chest, her heart was the only sound I could hear. “Oh Niall baby, its okay. Im here and I always will be” I heard her sweet calming voice fill my ears. “I missed you mum, i-I love you s-so much” I whispered as I hugged her tighter, I felt the tears gradually slip from my eyes.

As I buried my head into her, I heard her speak again “Im not going anywhere, i-I promise you that N-Niall….” She stopped and took deep breaths before proceeding on with her words. “I want you to have this” she handed me a bracelet made from string with a cross on “you haven’t worn it in a while…. And I want you to wear it again.. as long as you are wearing this…. We are connected.. not just by our hearts… but by these bracelets…” she handed me a bracelet which I hadn’t seen in weeks. I used to wear it all the time. . . but I forgot about it.  

I slipped the familiar bracelet on my wrist, covering the ‘scratches’ and thin white scars I had there. As I looked into her eyes she gently placed her hands on my head. I looked up at her confusingly and she closed her eyes, chanting one word over and over again. “Toby, Toby Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby, Toby” I suddenly felt a sharp pain go through my head, I felt weak and dizzy like I had a big head rush. “M-Mum what are you d-doing?” I asked her as I closed my eyes tightly, what a big mistake.

As I opened my eyes, my mum still chanting the same name over and over again, I looked around. We wasn’t in the hallway, we was in a hospital room. The walls sickly plain white, the floor black and white. I suddenly heard a scream and looked at where it came from, a women was giving birth, but it wasn’t any women. It was my Mum. . .

About 15 minutes passed and suddenly out came a baby boy. I watched as the baby was placed carefully in my mothers arms after the blood was cleaned up “I will call you….. Niall..” Said my mother and my eyes grew wide.

Before I knew it we was both back in the hallway. What was that about?. . .

The pain in my head became dull and my mum suddenly stopped chanting the name. “W-w….w-what was t-that…?” I asked my mum as I tried not to sob out loud, her eyes were now a dull blue, filled with tears and almost a trace of pain. As I went to hug her two men caught my attention. They was dressed in just black, Robes. You couldn’t see their faces, just a black blur was there, it was kind of scary to see. I stepped closer to my mum about to wrap my arms around her, but I never got the chance. The two black men stepped forward and yanked my mum back, a piercing scream of terror left her lips and I suddenly began to cry “NO MUM NO! LEAVE HER A-ALONE”. Both the men dragged her down the hallway and just before she got yanked out of the room I heard her cry out to me “Niall! Niall the bracelet! remember w-what I said. I l-love you hunny” that was the last I heard of her, the last time I saw her. My knees went weak and suddenly I came in contact with the cold floor. My body racked with sobs which I tried to keep in as best as I could.

I felt like my heart was yanked right out of my chest in front of thousands of people, you would say you understand that feeling, but you don’t until you experience it.    I want to cry so bad, I feel like I could cry a river right now, but I was too sad to shed a tear anymore. I felt weak inside, numb and alone. A feeling which I had never experienced before, let me tell you this.. it’s not a nice one.

Before I knew it I was in the dark. Sweat pouring like a waterfall off my forehead, my top stuck to my chest like chewing gum, also damp with sweat like I had been in a major water fight.           

“It’s just a dream…. It’s just a dream” I kept repeating to myself. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and got up out of my wet bed, I needed a shower.

The warm water covered my body, letting my mind flow to places I didn’t like.

What do I do now? I won’t be able to go back to sleep, I always try and it never works specially after a dream of my mum who died 1 month ago. I haven’t told the boys yet, and I don’t know when I will. I don’t want pity, even though it still hurts a lot. They wouldn’t understand the pain, they have their mums, I don’t. I hate how “I don’t” can cause me so much pain, a reminder that she is gone for good and not coming back, a reminder that I won’t ever hear her sweet calming voice fill my ears again.         

I quickly jumped out the shower and got a top and sweats on.   I found myself walking to Louis’ room for some unknown reason. As I reached his door I opened it slowly so it wouldn’t creak. I slipped inside and walked up to his bed. “L-Louis…” I whispered out into the darkness “Yeah Ni?” I heard his sweet calm voice fill my ears. “C-can I sleep with you…? I had a bad dream….” I whispered as I looked down at the floor, ‘he’s going to say no. he’s going to say no!’ I kept saying over and over but to my surprise he said “sure” and moved over.

I climbed into his warm bed and instantly felt his arms wrap around me, i felt this weird feeling develop inside my stomach, i couldnt quite think of what feeling this was, but i liked it. "Night Ni..." Louis whispered and i muttered a small night before heading back into the unknown world of dreams. For some reason, i felt safe and sound. Like nothing could hurt me again, was Louis doing this to me....?