Caretaker(s)

Solis played at the pedes of her caretaker, the massive purple mech moving back and forth, talking to himself about one thing or another while the sparkling was left to her own devices, something that was becoming more and more commonplace.

The red femme looked up at the mech, unhappy as she sat on the ground, wanting to be played with, but Shockwave was busy, and he had made it clear that she wasn't allowed to interrupt him... She was well familiar with the consequences if she did, and she didn't want to get into trouble again.

Venting softly, the 2-vorn old femmeling stood up and toddled across the room to look at Shockwave's latest project, which was something to do with ancient bones Shockwave's Vehicons brought from wherever it was that they went.

Solis, having spent the entire two vorns of her function within the walls of Shockwave's laboratory, had absolutely no knowledge of there being anything other than this building. And the only other Cybertronians she knew was Shockwave and the vehicons.

Needless to say, the femmeling was lonely, and unhappy with her function, being left to her own devices for the most part, unless Shockwave got frustrated with her to the point where he had her go and play with the Vehicons for a period of time... She enjoyed their company most of all, since they actually paid attention to her and played.

The red femme jumped up and caught the edge of the console that she was currently interested in, grunting cutely as she attempted to climb up onto it, pedes kicking as she pulled herself up a bit to peer over the edge, multi-coloured optics curiously taking in the image of strange looking creature... A monster? Perhaps a-

"Solis!" The voice of her caretaker sounded behind her and startled the young femmeling, who lost her grip on the edge and fell to the ground, landing on her aft. She began to cry, fat tears rolling down chubby faceplates as she looked up at the agitated scientist. Many thought Shockwave to be emotionless, but the behemoth portrayed the majority of his emotions when regarding Solis, especially when she irritated him. "What have I told you about playing with my work?" He demanded, attempting to ignore her cries.

"I-I'm sorry." Solis cried, sobbing as she hid her optics behind her servos, Shockwave venting loudly as he knelt down, scooping up the femmeling and holding her in his arms, the tiny red sparkling curling in close to his chassis and sniffling.

"Solis." He said in a firm tone. "You must be careful when playing with my projects. It could cause explosions or hurt you... Or turn you into an ugly creature with seven legs." He stated, attempting to cheer up the femmeling, much to his horror, and put some kind of emotion into his voice, which was failing terribly.

A giggle came from the femmeling, as she looked up at the one-opticed mech, her happiness sending a wash of emotions through the scientist, causing a feeling of bewilderment at the care he felt flicker over his spark. "Yes, well..."

Although he would never admit it, Shockwave was afraid of the emotions this sparkling could squeeze out of his sparkless chassis, and he searched for a way to get her away from him. "St3v3!" He ordered, although he kept his usual tone.

The vehicon rushed over to Shockwave, saluting and taking the sparkling that was held out to him. "Take Solis and entertain her while I continue my work." The large purple mech ordered, St3v3 nodding. "Yes sir." He answered, carrying Solis from the room.

Shockwave watched the vehicon go, the tiny faceplates peeking over the vehicons shoulder with a little grin on those tiny, pouting lip components before Shockwave turned away, ignoring the little wave Solis gave him... He couldn't lose his cool now. He had to raise her, deliver her to Megatron, and leave it at that.

With a vent, Shockwave returned to his work.

Solis Arcana grinned up at St3v3, kicking her pedes as he carried her down the halls, the red visor dim with affection as he brought her into the barracks the vehicons stayed in, setting her down on her pedes and waiting until she was steady before letting go.

"S4R4H!" Solis squealed in excitement when she saw the female vehicon sitting and flipping through a datapad.

Looking up, S4r4h's visor lit up as she set the datapad down and held her servos out, laughing faintly as the sparkling waddled over to her and jumped into her arms. "Little Solis!" S4r4h said in affection, standing upright as other vehicons crowded around, crooning and speaking affectionately to the sparkling, who revelled in the attention she was receiving.

"She's getting so big."

"She's going to break a lot of sparks."

"Shockwave needs to give her more freedom."

Solis giggled happily in the midst of the Vehicons that she felt so comfortable with, optics bright with happiness as she looked around before she frowned, optics noticing that someone was missing. "Where is B1ll7?" She asked, frowning.

Silence fell, and there was a strange feeling in the air that Solis was unfamiliar with. She looked around at the gathered vehicons, many of whom were avoiding her innocent gaze... B1ll7 was one of her favourites, and she frowned when she couldn't find him. "Where is B1ll7?" She asked again.

"Solis." D4v3 spoke aloud now, looking upset about something. "B1ll7 isn't coming back." He announced, confusing the sparkling. "What do you mean?" She asked, unsure of what they meant.

"He's just... Not coming back."

And that was when Solis became familiar with the fact that friends don't always come back... Sometimes they disappeared... Where they went, she didn't know. But B1ll7 never came back.