Carla

The final bell for the rest of today tolled and I waded my way though the bustling halls of my school and through the front door and out to my car. The wind picked up and I struggled to keep myself together. I revved up my beat up Volvo and made my way downtown to the only library for miles.
The selection of books was a wide range of topics but typically there was only one of each which meant I had to make my way to the library quick and snatch the copy of Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman before any other regular Joe goes for it.
I made my way to the front doors of the library and drifted my way inside to the 'W' section. Wf.. Wg.. Wh..  Whitman. There was no whitman on this shelf. But that's where it's bound to be and the only place in the library that would carry such a book!  I looked around me and recognized a frizzy haired woman with beautiful skin from my philosophy class sitting at a table across from where I was. And then I got a glimpse of what she was reading. Goddamn leaves of grass by Walt Whitman.

Damn! 
The library is open really late so I suppose I'll come back then.

-3 hours later- /6 pm

I parked my car back in the same spot it had been just a few hours earlier and made my way back into the library to steal that book back. I struggled to keep my skirt down in all the rushing wind outside and instantly relaxed when I stepped into the building. I bustled my way to the back of the library for the second time today only to see the same girl sitting there in the exact same spot she had been sitting earlier. Only this time she had a plethora of notes and scribblings next to her on a notepad which seemed to be filled with things of the like.
I went against my nature and trudged up to the confident looking young woman and she glanced my way when I got close enough to see her face. She was to my surprise very beautiful and dainty up close rather than her rigid exterior from far away.

"Aren't you in Mr. H s' class? I'm Clara I saw you sitting near the front." I said in a shushed tone.

"Yeah I am in his class. I do not recognize you though. We're you looking for this book? " she said with a strong but quiet voice as she gestured to the book in her hand.

"Yeah,  actually. Do you think I could read some of your notes on the book and maybe share it with you because it seems to be the only copy in here. Trust me I've looked." I blurted out

"Oh..  I'm sorry to hog it I hadn't even realized.. Of course,  of course take a seat next to me so that way you can read it too. "

My heart skipped a little and I sat down next to her and I undid my jacket and slipped it to the back of my chair.
A long time had passed and I hadn't even noticed how close we we're to each other. Our sides we're touching and the tips of our fingers touched in some places when I traced my finger along the pages of the book. Typically I would run from such an intimacy but I almost felt..  Safe or at home.