Chapter 4

Draco carefully tried to comfort Harry in his arms, but Harry was shrieking on the top off his lungs and wasn't responding to anything. Draco looked around for signs that someone was there, but no one was. Draco painfully stood in the center of their kitchen, now, and decided to place Harry on the empty kitchen table. The second Dracoput him down, Harry started writhing even worse and Draco stared at him without knowing what to do. Blood was now covering the majority of Harry's forehead and hair, but was spreading with the minute. "Please, Harry, stop!" Draco pleaded, but nothing indicated that Harry could even hear him.

Voices came from the yard, which Draco identified as the Weasley family and waited a moment for them to walk in. The door opened and there were cheerful faces that were laughing and talking. The expression of all of them changed when they saw Harry's writhing body and Draco standing with no expression at all. "H-Help, please." Draco said softer than he'd wished to and the entire family rushed to Harry's side.

Draco was only now noticing that the only people who'd come in was Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Weasley. "How could you do this to the poor boy?" Mrs, Weasley yelled with tears streaming down her face. Draco looked her in the eye, but couldn't answer.

"What did you do, exactly?" Mr. Weasley stood up straight and faced Draco to ask.

"I-I was kissing him, Mr. Weasley." Draco said and moved near Harry to grab one of his hands that were clenched around the table edge.

Me. Weasley didn't seem pleased with this answer and looked to Mrs. Weasley to see if she was buying his story. Mrs. Weasley nodded a little and Mr. Weasley pressed forward. "In detail."

Draco felt his entire face getting red and stared at Harry's hand that he was holding to avoid the Weasley's stares. "Harry and I were—er— snuggling when a climbed on top of him and began to kiss him. He pushed me off the bed and that's when he began to bleed. I can't remember exactly everything that happened." Draco stared down at Harry who was still fighting and screaming.

A single tear fell from Draco's eyes as he began to break down. He wasn't strong enough to watch Harry go through this. They decided to take him to St, Mungo's, using the knight bus. The ride consisted mostly of Draco sitting in a chair next to Harry and watching as the boy he cared so much for struggled. "Oh, look, it's my runaway son. I'm ashamed of you! You betrayed me, your father, for a boy who can't even speak at the moment." Draco saw his father strolling past to get off the knight bus at a stop when this was said and raised his stick to whack Harry. As he raised it, Draco tackled Harry's flailing body to the floor and protecting him as if he were a force field. Lucius curled his lip, but then continued on his way.

At St. Mungo's, no one knew what floor to go to, but assumed it would be considered a spell injury. Once they gotten Harry to a bed, the healer immediately gave him something to make him calm down despite the pain. The healer basically guaranteed that Harry would die because no one knew what was going on and inexplicably sickness was spreading through Harry's blood. The Weasley's cried, but Draco cried the most once he was alone and his tears were unstoppable once they started.

Later that day, Draco came back to say his goodbye to Harry and promise to be back for him tomorrow, but was tongue tied. Harry seemed to be barely conscious and was calmly smiling at Draco. Instead of attempting to find words, Draco kissed Harry one last time and when Draco pulled back to look into the eyes of the boy he'd never forget, the spark that commonly ignited Harry's emerald eyes were gone and his skin was becoming paler by the second. Draco tried to convince himself he was seeing things and Harry was sleeping, but when a healer came by to examine him it was confirmed he was dead. "I'm so sorry." The healer spoke and rage filled through Draco's veins because he knew the healer hadn't known Harry and was just trying to comfort Draco, but his attempt was failing. Nothing could comfort Draco and nothing could fill the gaping hole left in Draco's heart, for the only person he could ever truly love was now lying dead next to him.