Oh James...

She ran. She ran with all her might through the forest, with the leafs leaving scratches on her skin and her new cotton dress. "Catch me if you can!" she yelled, laughing away. She ran around the trees, over the fallen trees, across the creek with her giggles echoing in the forest. "Oh c'mon Clarissa! You win! Can we please take a break?!" She laughed and came to a stop, turning behind her to find a sweating and exhausted James. He leaned against the tree trying to control his breathing. She smiled. " You came a little closer to catching me" He turned to face her. "You've told me that the last 20 times" She giggled. Although James hated losing, he smiled. Hearing her laugh was like listening to the best kind of symphony. Her smile made anyone else smile. Her laugh was infectious. Her heart was pure and true, and that's what made James find her beautiful, besides her long beautiful, curly brown hair, her smooth tan skin, her bright white smile, and her green sparkling eyes. James had lived with the beautiful girl her whole life, in Britain, during the Voyage to the New World, and currently in their colony. For he was one her few friends. "Why do you always have to race me instead of all of the other boys in the town?" "Cause I know im already faster" She winked. He sighed and smiled. "Your mother is going to kill you once she sees what has happened to your dress" She looked down at her dress and gave it a twirl. "It doesnt look THAT bad." She shrugged. "It wasn't pretty anyways" Although James could agree, Clarissa made anything on her look beautiful. He walked over to where she stood looking into the forest.  He slowly moved behind her, moved her hair aside and kissed her neck. Her breath caught and she froze. "You make everything on you look beautiful" he whispered against her ear. She gave a nervous laugh and turned around only to have their faces inches apart. "Your my best friend James, your supposed to say that." Readjusting her hair to the way it was. "Well, I want to continue saying that for as long as I live" he whispered again. She bit her lip nervously. He stared at her eyes, and then her lips. Slowly he leaned forward. She anxiously side stepped him, and he found himself leaning into nothing and turned around to find her with one hand on her hip and one of her eyebrows raised. "James, your my best friend, Im sorry, but that's all you'll ever be. I must get going, father has a meeting with the tribe. I'll catch you later." Giving a quick kiss on his cheek, she ran off towards the town with her hair dancing in the wind. He kicked the dirt and muttered. "Well, it was worth a try"   

~Hey guys!!!! xDarkCrescent here!!!! I'm super duper excited to be writing this story :DDD I know I'm not the best writer but I've had so much inspiration for a native american romance story, I can't wait for you to read all the things I have in mind! Just letting yall know that this chapter is super duper short just to introduce James and Clarissa, next chapter I will mention more of the native americans ;) Please vote and save the story <3~