Chapter 26

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

'Ash will never leave me. He cares. I don't care what Calem does to me anymore, as long as he is here with me I am happy.' I try to calm myself as I tighten my grip on Ash's hand while we walk through the hallways of the school towards Mr Sycamore's office where I told Ash is where people get their starter Pokémon from.

Despite Mr Sycamore being the principle of the school he also happens to be the professor of the Kalos region, in which new trainers will go to him to receive their first Pokémon.

I always hear stories about how happy people are when they receive their first Pokémon. Normally people would receive their first Pokémon when they are 10 like how Ash did. But I didn't. I was different, I always use to think that if I got a Pokémon that it would turn against me. Reject me.

Ash told me the story about how Pikachu didn't like him one bit when they meet and that it took some time for he and Pikachu to become best friends.

He also told me about the other starter Pokémon that he befriended on his journey and each one different from the last. Whether it be from previous trainers saying that they are weak and leaving them like Charmander, Chimchar and Tepig, to catching them in the wild to receiving them normally like how I am about to do, to even being chosen by the Pokémon itself to be its trainer like how Frokie did.

But the thing that they all have in common, no matter how Ash befriended them they all stayed loyal to him, even though Ash sees them as a friend rather than a Pokémon all of them are glad to call him their trainer and hopefully my first Pokémon will be the same.

"You excited Serena?" I hear Ash say, driving me out of my thoughts as we arrive outside Mr Sycamore's office.

"Y-yeah. A bit nervous but mostly excited." I say in a joyful tone while a small smile crept onto my face.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu speaks before jumping onto my shoulder and rubbing his furry cheeks against mine like how he did this morning to cheer me up. Pikachu then returned to Ash's side as we entre the office.

"Hello? Professor Sycamore?" Ash says into the empty office while I stand a little behind him, still holding his hand. By now nerves had become the more dominate emotion, being in the principles office was slightly intimidating. Though I knew I wasn't here because I did something wrong it was still a very cliché thing to think that I was.

"Ah Ash, is that you?" The professor says as he exits the printing room and enters the main part of the office where we were.

"Marvellous! It is you." He adds before Ash had a chance to respond.

"Morning professor." Ash greets as Pikachu does the same while I keep quiet behind Ash letting my shyness take over.

"It is good to see you Ash. After that splendid battle with Calem I was hoping to talk to you, but you were absent for the rest of the week." Sycamore explains while sitting himself down in the principles seat which was placed behind his desk.

"Sorry about that. That battle left me exhausted and it took my body some time to recover." Ash responds while rubbing the back of his head.

"I see. Well if it isn't too much trouble I would like to take a look at your Greninja. The way you and Greninja battled was simply marvellous. And I would like to understand how you and Greninja were able to, from what I have heard around the school, become one." He says with an intriguing look.

"Maybe later professor. There is another reason why I am here." Ash says, wanting to get onto the reason why we came here in the first place.

"Ah yes. I can see someone behind you. Care to introduce me?" Sycamore asks, directing his head so that he could see me a little better, but I just moved myself further behind Ash so that my face was hidden.