The Wedding Feast

The wedding feast was hosted by the Minamoto clan in honor of Hachiman. They hired musicians, fire jugglers, and dancers to entertain the newly wedded couple. Ares held Kimiko's hand in his the entire duration of the feast with a smile on his face. Kimiko thanked all those who came up and gave their blessing to the loving couple, she also apologized for Ares inability to thank them back while he continued to lovingly kiss her hand. Eventually he gave up on formalities and rested his head in her lap which caused Kimiko to giggle and laugh as she tried to sit him back up. He refused to budge though and said he wanted to hear her sing for him. The others at the wedding party agreed and wished that Kimiko would be so gracious as to sing a little song for them. Kimiko agreed and soon the musicians started strumming on the instruments as Kimiko's voice filled the hall. It was beautiful and filled with love as she gently stroked Ares head upon her lap. Her eyes never lifted from his face and his eyes never left hers. Near the end of the song Ares began lifting himself up and as she sang the final word he kissed her with all the love, all the passion in his heart and the hall clapped in applause for her music. If you were a guest at this feast, you would have thought any wedding after would be dull and not as full of love. For it was so clear to even the blind that no one could love each other more than Ares and Kimiko. They whispered little sayings of nothing just to hear their voice through the noise of the feast. They ate from each other's chopsticks and from each other's plate. Ares stole quick kisses every now and then making Kimiko giggle and blush. I had to stop Ares and ask him if he ignored his guests, to my relief he didn't. He said that Kimiko scolded him for ignoring them at first and so he began to pay attention and participated in small discussion and conversations with his guests. I nodded my head and praised Kimiko for keeping Ares in line, for i was sure that if Kimiko hadn't he would have made many rude impressions upon his guests on a happy day. He continued and the time came for the traditional dance of the bride and groom. I was happy that it wasn't just in our country that the husband and wife shared a dance together but what surprised me was this dance he had her partake in was an English dance he had observed while in the foreign nations. It was the Waltz. One two three, one two three and a turn step change, the lovely couple swept across the dance floor in a beautiful pattern of dance while the musicians played on the flute and harp sending melodic music through the air. "I love you with all my heart Ares." Kimiko said to Ares as he spun her around again and pulled her back to him to continue their steps. "And i love you with all my heart Kimiko." He leaned down and gave her a gentle kiss upon her lips. The dance ended and they sat down upon the cushions once more and watched as the rest of their guests danced the night away. Hand in hand, and fingers wrapped around each other they sat there and smiled at their guests as they wished them long and happy lives while departing from their home. The Minamoto clan gave a ceremonial battle sword dance as thanks for allowing them the honor of hosting their wedding and Ares told them that he was overjoyed with their generosity. Soon the mortals were gone and when Kimiko leaned in to give him a gentle kiss his family descended from Olympus with gifts and food. Ares welcomed them into their home and Kimiko held on to Ares a little uneasy as she watched all the Gods and Goddesses enter her home and leave gifts upon her table. Such fancy things filled her home and it was a little overwhelming for her. Ares told his family that he was not ungrateful for the gifts, but that it was a little too much for their taste. His family understood very well, and changed their gifts to flowers and foods which filled the home with wonderful smells made Kimiko's face light up in joy. "Oh its wonderful!!" She exclaimed as she left his side to bow and thank all of the Gods and Goddesses as they left the gifts upon her table. Thank you's and best wishes were exchanged over the course of an hour before Ares and Kimiko were finally left alone in their home. Ares smiled as he closed the door and then looked into the living room to find Kimiko. But.... where was she? Ares walked in and saw that Kimiko was going back and forth from the table in the living room to the ice box in the kitchen putting the foods and spices up. Ares chuckled and smiled as he watched her, even on her wedding day she kept order amongst the gifts. Ares decided that they could begin the honeymoon if he helped her finish putting things in their proper place. It was late because the moon shone high in the sky and the stars were scattered across the midnight blue. Ares smiled as he looked up and then called Kimiko over to his side. She was reluctant at first but she set the dishes down and came over to Ares. She slipped under his arm and leaned against his side and smiled looking up at him. "What is it Ares?" Ares pointed to the stars above and smiled kissing her head. He told her that the stars looked even more beautiful when he was holding her. She smiled and told him he was being silly, but at that moment Ares never felt happier. He was married to the woman of his dreams, holding her in his arms while looking at the stars above. His life couldn't get any better he thought to himself, and after a few moments of staring into the sky they moved away and walked to their bedroom and spent their night in blissful happiness. Exchanging gentle kisses, soft whispers, and much more as they embraced each other in their love. For the first time in Ares life, on his wedding night he slept.. holding the woman of his dreams, her body curled to his side and her hand resting over his heart. Her head was rested upon his shoulder and his head leaned against hers as they slept while his strong arms held her to him in their sleep. His hand covered hers over his heart and held it gently throughout the night. This was how they would spend their nights from now on, in each other's arms.. In a loving embrace, with all the love in their hearts showing through their dreams.