Chapter 1

>Chapter 1 

(5 years ago)

"Your fat and worthless and that’s all you will ever be" Dustin spat out at me. The worst thing about being called those things aren't that you’re getting humiliated pretty much in front of the whole school but instead that your trying to hold back tears and you can’t say anything back. 

"You just gonna stand there like trash?"

I didn't know what to respond. The rest of his 'posy' came behind him and just started laughing, but of course laughing wasn’t enough. One of the girls had to get up close and personal to me and just say "it’s best for everyone’s nature if you just leave not the school, or city, but the state, no one wants you here no one ever will"

"And that’s were your wrong" I hear a voice that I recognize too well say. It was my best friend Carlos, we've known each other since we started pre-k I was the quiet shy girl no one talked to or at least no one did until Carlos decided to just talk to me. He has always stood up for me and i love him for that. 

"Oh here come’s prince charming to save you yet again" a voice said snapping me out of my thoughts. 

*further in the week*

My dad decided that it was best to move cities. From Miami I'm moving to Tallahassee, and I really couldn't be happier. I decided on telling Carlos by text and well he just didn't take it well. He said we needed to talk about this face to face so he's coming over today to 'talk' and try and convince me to stay in Miami. 

*knock* *knock*

I already knew who it was so I just yelled come in since I was too busy packing. 

"So I guess this is it?" Carlos said

"Yeah what else do you want me to do I can’t stand another year with those people"

"Your just giving up; you’re doing exactly what they want you to do, give up and just leave. I’ve defended you too much to let you do this"

"I never told you to defend me I was fine just ignoring them until one day you decided to act like a stupid hero and defend me" at this point I had tears coming out; we rarely fought and when we did it was usually pretty big.

"I was trying to act like a friend, I wanted to defend you, your just giving up, your leaving, have you ever thought of me, you’re going to leave and  throw away 8 years of friendship, all because some people are calling you names"

"First, I'm not throwing away our friendship we could still hang out and text. Second, you don't know what I'm going through, you don't know what it’s like to be called fat and ugly and a whore and worthless piece of trash every day. And last if you’re just going to keep on screaming at me then get out if my house"

"You shouldn't give up so easily, you could still fight"

"That’s it get out of my house"

"Gladly"

He stormed out and left. I ran to my room and cried and cried until my eye burnt from the tears.

**********

(Present time)

My names Emma but friends call me Em. I’m 18 and just moved to Miami my hometown. 

*beep*

I picked up my phone and saw three unread messages

(1) from: Carlos

Hey Em, I miss you :(

      To: Carlos

      I miss you to ;( I miss hanging out together and goofing off but I got a surprise for u ;)

(2) from: Bri

Hey baby-girl tell me how ur new school goes can’t wait to hang out 

        To: Bri 

        I hope I remember some familiar faces lol some people might have actually changed

(3) from: mommy

Hey hon I miss you so much tell me how u like living with ur brother...

         To: mommy

          I miss you to and weirdly he's actually clean and neat!!

And that’s the end of that... Now time to get ready for school.   

*

*

*

*

(Hour later)

I pulled up into my new school. It will be my last year in high school and I’m actually looking forward to it. Once I got out of my car all eyes were on me... I guess they heard a new girl was coming to join them. I looked around for some familiar faces but none that I enjoyed talking to were found. I started walking towards the office when I get there I see Carlos. He's is definitely not the same little skinny boy he was when I left Miami, now he's like 6'3 with actual muscles. He's looking my way but I don’t think he recognizes me until he yells "EM!!!"

"Hey Carlos I didn’t think you would recognize me"

"I just saw you last year of course ill recognize you" he said

"Oh ok well want to walk me to my first class?"

The lady on the desk gave me my schedule just as Carlos said yeah. We walked hands intertwined to my first class which just so happened to be his to. 

It ended up us having almost all classes together except 3rd period when I had free period and he did football. For that period I would just sit in the bleachers and watch the cheerleaders practice while watching the footballs players play. Carlos and I agreed that he would come to my apartment tonight and sleepover.