Chapter 6: You Know What They Say About Guys With Big Hands

There are a lot of errors in this chapter. I will go back and fix them when I can.

Happy reading.

Chapter 6: You Know What They Say About Guys With Big Hands

"Well it's not my fault!" I said throwing my hands up and slapping them back down onto the flowery bathrobe that clung to my body.

"Seriously Melanie. You manage to bring a years worth of clothes, yet you forget to pack underwear?!" CeCe asked with her arms crossed and giving me a flat look.

"I just...forgot," I replied lamely with a shrug.

Her expression changed from the you-are-so-stupid look to a suspicious one. "What were you two doing that had you so distracted?" She asked with a sly smile twitching onto her lips.

"Nothing that you're thinking, I can tell you that much," I said making sure she would stop thinking that I would do anything with Mason.

"But he started going through my stuff and found a picture of...him," I said puffing my cheeks in frustration and sitting down on her bed. Her face remained blank, not understanding what I meant. "You know, He Who Shall Not Be Named," I said giving her a look.

She knitted her eyebrows in confusion and a frown formed on her lips. "Why do you have a picture of Voldemort?"

What the-- Are you kidding me!

I looked at her with wide eyes. "Could you be any more of a blond?" She studied my face for a moment before her mouth formed and 'o' in realization.

It took you long enough, my mind screamed out.

She gave me a sympathetic look and sat down on her bed next to me. "You okay?" She asked rubbing my shoulder.

"Yeah I'm fine. It's just-- the thing is that I thought I was over him but when I saw that picture I...I don't know..." I said running a hand through the waves that were starting to form in my damp hair.

"You can't hold on to this forever you know."

"Yeah I know that but it's hard," I said resting my head on her shoulder.

"He was bad for you, and you know it. It really killed me to see you like that," she said patting my shoulder one last time before standing in front of me. "This is exactly why you need a boyfriend. You need someone to take your mind off of him. Come on Mel, you use to go through guys like tissues."

"I'm not sure that that's a good thing."

"The point is that you can have any guy you want. All you have to do is flip your hair and bat your eyelashes and then their whipped."

I blushed and chuckled at the statement. She was exaggerating. Christina gave me a serious look.

"I'm not joking I've seen you use that technique plenty of times. That's why we're going to that party tomorrow, no questions asked," she said in a final tone.

"I'm already going. Mason invited me when he dropped me off earlier today and I'm pretty sure there's a reason behind it," I said getting up and walking over to Cece's closet.

"He invited you?" she asked. "He is so bipolar," she mumbled to herself but I was able to hear.

"Why do you say that?" I asked turning back to face her. "As far as I know he's still the selfish asshole we all know and love."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I was just having second thoughts about him. I thought he was changing," she said with a faraway look on her face.

"Well, you thought wrong. I get that he's going to be your step brother pretty soon and you want to see the best in him, but he will always stay the same," I said trying not to come off as bitchy. "He's planning on doing something to me at the party. I could see it in his eyes when I agreed to go."