|C H A P T E R. 13|

"Chris?" I called from me and Trent's bedroom. I didn't get an answer.  "Chris?!" Still no answer.

"CHRIS!!"

I groaned and got out of bed. "I am not playing these games," I mumbled.

I walked downstairs, holding the railing. Ever since I've been pregnant, I've been scared I'm gonna fall down the stairs or something. Better safe than sorry.

I reached the landing and walked towards the den, where the light was on.

"Chris, stop turning on lights in the daytime!" I yelled, switching the light off as I entered, but Chris didn't pay me any mind. He couldn't, because he was playing with that stupid VR.

I walked over to the cabinet and unplugged the PlayStation. I saw Chris look around, then he finally pulled the VR off of his head. "Why would you do that?"

"You didn't hear me."

"Obviously not, I was playing the VR!" He said. Then he sighed. "Now imma have to start Kitchen all over again."

I rolled my eyes. "Anyway. What you want to eat tonight?"

"Whatever you cooking."

"Who said I was cooking?"

"Then what you ordering?"

"That's why I came down here to ask you!"

He smacked his teeth and picked up the VR again.. "Man, get pizza."

"Ew, no. I had pizza two weeks ago."

He dropped the VR to his side. "Come on with the fuckery bruh."

"How bout Chinese?"

"You look like a 'Chinese,'" he said.

I scoffed. "Okay nigga. Since you wanna be slick then be hungry."

"Bruh for real, get me what you get you."

"Ight."

I stood in the doorway as he was about to put the VR back on, the he stopped. "What?"

"You can't play it of it's not plugged in, stupid."

He smacked his teeth and walked over to the cabinet. He snatched up the plug and put it into the wall, then mugged me.

"You're welcome."

"I wouldn't have had to plug it in if you woulda left it alone."

"I can do what I want with it cause you didn't buy it."

"You didn't buy it either, Trent did."

"No, he didn't. I bought him that for Christmas last year, so ha."

"O yeah, that Christmas I fought you?" He said, laughing.

"Yeah, the fight I won."

"Girl please, I slammed you."

"But I kicked you in your nuts and you cried and stopped fighting, so I won by default."

He just rolled his eyes at me and pulled he VR over his face. I walked out of the den, feeling like I won.