The Question

You guys were too nice to me!! I had to write another part, soooo... here we are!!

William was awake into the early hours of the morning, thinking about what Hazel had said. He didn't think he'd ever met a homosexual person before.
But mainly, even after thinking for many hours, he still couldn't understand what Hazel meant when she said to Nico;
"Deep down, you know why that matters to you."

Why DID that matter to Nico? Wills love life didn't have anything to do with Nico's responsibilities in the castle. Was she suggesting that he should tell King Apollo that Hazel and Will didn't want to be married?

Soon, Will's mind wandered back to the fact that Nico was supposedly gay, but didn't know it. Will certainly would never have guessed that Nico was gay. He didn't act how, will thought a gay person was "supposed" to act, but, Will did only know some very basic stereotypes. He thought of the way Nico acted around him, that didn't really seem like he was interested in Will, thank goodness.

Nothing about the conversation he'd heard made any sense at all to Will, and honestly, Will struggled to comprehend that his new best friend was gay.

When the clock struck 3am, Will decided that he wasn't going to get any answers just racking his brain like this.

He got out of bed, grabbed for his dressing gown, and walked down the corridors and staircases towards Nicos bedroom.

He knocked on the door. No one answered.

He hadn't even occurred to him that Nico would be asleep.

Just as he turned to walk away, the door behind him opened, and will swung around to find Nico staring at him confused, and, maybe even, angry?

"What do you want?" Nico muttered.

Will just stared at him, unsure of what he should say.

He pushed past Nico and into his bedroom. He sat down on his messy bed and looked up at a shocked Nico, still standing at the door.

The two boys stared at each other for a while, neither of them 100% sure what was happening.

"Are you gay?" Will then blurted out.

Nicos eyes widened, and his cheeks turned a deep red.

"Uh, wha- I, um- why? Uh.. um" Nico began stuttering.

"I said, are you gay?" Will asked again.

"No! No, no, not!" Nico almost shouted. "I am NOT gay and I don't understand why you and Hazel both think I am! So I'd really appreciate if both of you just ignored my personal life!"

Nico walked over to Will.

"Now please just get out of my room."

"I believe you, Nico." Will said quietly, and Nico looked into his eyes. "I just wanted to check with you before I believed anything Hazel said. If you say you aren't, then I believe you.

Will noticed Nico's eyes seemed to be filling with tears. He stood up as a tear escaped his eye, and Will wiped the tear away with his thumb.

"Thank you."

Nico P.O.V

Looking down at Will sitting down on his bed, Nico wondered if maybe, he could possibly be attracted to Will. But, he decided he definitely wasn't, after all, he was straight.

But as Will stood up, Nico laid back down on his bed, assuming this meant that Will was leaving. But then will sat back down, right next to his legs, and placed his hand on his upper leg, and a strange feeling went through Nico's body, like a shiver.

"Don't listen to what anyone says, you're the only one who truly knows your own sexuality, other people can assume whatever they want, but just know, it won't make any difference, you're the best friend I've ever had." Will said, before leaving back to his own room.

Nico smiled at him, but there was a dull pain in his chest when Will used the word "friend", which made him reconsider his flat-out denial to Wills question earlier.

Sorry it's not a very long chapter!! Hope you enjoy :)