You Saved Me.

As the sun crept in the room she rolled over and was pleased to find him out cold beside her, she had no idea what time he had finally crawled into bed. He had been working a pretty heavy case, and it had been eating away at him. She was thankful he had been able to sleep. The past few weeks he had been restless at night, tossing and turning and ultimately getting out of bed.

At least you'll be able to sleep, one of us should get to sleep.

It had been his mantra of late, she hoped the case had been solved. She didn't have the heart to wake him to find out.

Instead she ran her fingers over his abdomen, the rough skin of the small scar always gave her pause. It was a reminder of the darkest days of her life, he had been the one to pull her out of the darkness, and when he saved her daughter...he saved her.

Though he'd argue until he was blue in the face, that he was the one who had been saved.

Kim. Darlin', it was you. You saved me. You and London.

He had whispered it in her ear one night, and truthfully they had saved each other.

A lot had transpired over the course of the last year.

Kim had struggled mightily with letting London out of her sight, it had become so bad she sought out a therapist for both her and London. It took many months of intense therapy but she had finally gotten a hold on her anxieties and helped London to cope with her own fears. Though she had yet to return to school, she had been placed on 'home bound' studies and had a host of teachers who came during the week. It wasn't the preferred option but it was what needed to happen for the time being. Kim, would be patient with London, and she vowed to follow her daughter's lead.

It wasn't long before things with Adam became serious and he moved in with them, London was over the moon about it and she and Adam were thick as thieves.

She loved how the pair interacted, and it was clear London thought Adam walked on water, it was clearly mutual. Adam was smitten with the little girl, and was wrapped around London's pinky finger.

Adam shifted beneath her touch, pulling her from her daydream, "Hey..." Kim propped herself up on her elbow, "you slept." She leaned down to kiss his lips softly.

"I did." Adam ran his hand over his face, "Case is closed." He ran his hand over her very pregnant stomach, "how's the parasite?"

Kim sucked her teeth at the name he'd given their unborn baby, "I wish you wouldn't call our baby a parasite, Adam."

Adam sat up and leaned against the headboard, "I wouldn't have to call it a parasite, babe If we could could find out its gender." He had wanted to know, and Kim wanted to remain surprised, they were in a true stalemate. The best kind of stalemate.

"Nope. We are going to be surprised." She leaned into him.

"Well. Then this little one.." he rested his hand on her belly, "will continue to be referred to as the parasite." He smirked, "I mean it's essentially what it is, right?"

"You're a hot mess..." she laughed.

Adam shrugged, "Where's London? I went to check on her..and was a bit surprised to find her bed empty."