One Shot ~ 1) Jason and Dick

Just a random one shot I thought of and wanted to write.

"I don't want to talk about it," Jason growled, breaking away from Dick's hold. Dick grabbed him once more and brought shaking, pale fingers to his lips. Jason violently shook under his hold, "Please don't make me talk about it."

Dick was about to insist, until he saw the unnatural bright flash of green in his eyes. Deciding Jason needed comfort over a confident, he murmured, "Don't say another word, if you don't want to," encircling his arms around Jason's waist and running his fingers through tussled hair. Jason looked up, a scowl etched with uncertainty on his face, into Dick's eyes, the green fading just the slightest. He offered a reassuring smile to his slowly crumbling boyfriend. And with that, Jason melted to the floor.

He worked to blink away frustrated tears and his knuckles were turning white with how hard he clenched his fist. "The Lazarus does it sometimes," he gasped out, "and I can feel it's pull. It wants me to do things. I don't want to listen, anymore. Please, don't make me me. Please, I can't."

Dick shushed him nervously. Jason found it difficult to ask for help, nevertheless beg. He rarely got these attacks, but when he did it was always a mission to calm him down. "Shh, Jaybird. You're stronger than it. Just relax. Shh." He hated not knowing how to handle this situation, hated not knowing to help Jason.

Jason pulled Dick impossibly closer, desperate for his compassion, sanity. Dick allowed himself to be used, trying to comfort Jay the best he could. He drew little circles on his face with his thumb and whispered little hushes in his ear.

"It hurts," Jason said, undeniably whimpering. "Fighting it hurts."

"Then don't fight it," Dick said suddenly, making too-innocent eyes glance up in surprise, "Use me as your outlet of you need to."

Jason shook his head frantically, "I won't hurt y-you." He watched as Jason dug his nails into his palms, punishing himself for whimpering and stuttering and having weakness.

"What's hurts me is seeing you like this."

Jason looked conflicted. He ran a hand through his hair, and his eyes darted from Dick to his other fist.

"I-"

"I'm alright with it."

Jason still looked wary, so Dick gave him a reassuring nod. And with a deep breath, Jason's eyes melted into a deep green, and his look quickly became murderous. With a single sloppy punch, Dick was stumbling backwards.

"That's it, Jay," Dick said, rolling his shoulders back, and preparing for the next blow. Jason lunged at Dick, almost animalistic and catching him by surprised, to continue marring his face with an onslaught of brutal punches.

Dick didn't fight back, in fear of hurting Jason, and instead took the beating. Luckily, they had just came back from patrol (after Dick insisted on leaving once seeing Jason look so out of it) and was still wearing his armor.

They continued like this until Jason, about thirty minutes later, passed out from exhaustion on Dick's chest. By this time, Dick's face was covered in scars and Jason's fist was coated in his blood.

Dick, groaning, sat up and lifted Jason bridal style. He carried him to their bedroom and laid him in bed. He then went to the bathroom, and cleaned his newly attributed wounds. As soon as that was done, he head back out to complete patrol.

When he came back, he slipped into bed and fell asleep instantly. Like usual, as he woke up, he was met with the face of Jason Todd. This time, however, his eyes were scrunched with worry, and unusually gentle fingers were tracing the bruises and cuts on his face and chest.

"What happened to you?" He asked, his voice husky from sleep. Like always, Jason had no recollection of the previous night.

"Couple thugs got the best of me. Underestimated them." And, like always, Dick wasn't going to remind him. "Don't you remember?"

"No," Jason hummed, accepting that answer. "I think it's just the Lazarus's memory lost thing again. You should be more careful."

"That doesn't stop you."

"Touché."

Then, they continued their normal lives. Until, probably a couple months later, Jason got another attack and Dick was left to take the punches.