Inattentive Texts and Drunk Partying

Perrie

         I woke up to streams of blinding sunlight shining in through white shutters.  I tried to turn on my side but stopped when a horrible pain shot through my head and my butt hurt for some weird reason.  I turned on my side finally to see Ed sleeping shirtless next to me.  My mind went into overdrive.  I couldn't remember a thing last night.  Ed and I have had some pretty bad days at work recently so he thought it would be nice if we could go out and get some drinks.  The whole, "We've been working our arses off, we deserve a night out."  My mind flashed back to last night.

A little party never killed nobody, right here, right now's all we got

             All I could remember was grinding with Ed on the dance floor to that song.  A FERGIE SONG?  God what is wrong with me?  We must've had too many drinks, especially if I were to have sex with him.

         "ED?  ED?  WAKE UP!" I shouted at him.

        He jolted awake, his red hair sticking up in every direction. 

         "Perrie?  What are you doing here-" His eyes moved down to my bare arms, clutching the sheet to my chest.

         "OH MY GOD!" He screamed.

         "Did we?"

        "I think so.  Hey, you can use my shower.  We can talk about this after we're both, uh, cleaned up."

         "Yeah, kay."

         He made us tea after we had both showered and dressed a half hour later.  Now we were sat on his couch, starring at each other awkwardly searching for appropriate words to say.  I looked down at the green hoodie and paw print pajama pants he let me borrow.

         "What do you remember?" He asked.

         "Barely anything.  Just that we drank some and danced..." I trailed off.  "Then nothing."

         "More than me.  It didn't mean anything to you did it?"

         "No.  I mean, I love you, Ed, but not in that way."     

         He sighed, "Well that's good.  Because some girls just wouldn't be able to resist meh!"

         "Oh shut it!" I laughed, punching him in the arm, all awkwardness evaporating from the room. 

         "Hey because it's our day off and knowing you, I'm sure you have nothing better to do-"

         "OI!"

         "Do you?"

         "No."

         "Than as I was saying," He continued.  "Do you want to, just, stay here and watch movies or something?"

         "Sure."

         We spent the rest of the day together watching movies, listening to music, and eating.

         After we had finished listening to the new Coldplay album, a thought popped into my head.

         "Hey Ed, have you seen my phone?"

         "No I haven't seen it.  But your purse is near the front door, maybe it's in there."

         I found my phone just feet away from my purse.  It said that I had a new text, but I couldn't see who it was from until I unlocked it.  It was suprsing to say the least, no one ever contacted me anymore.

Zayn Malik

         Hey babe.  Show just ended.  How are ya?

         I ran back to Ed, jumping on the couch and accidently head butting him.

         "OW!  GEEZ PEAR, what is it?"

         I handed him my phone, his eyes flew over the screen a few times before setting my phone down on the coffee table in front of us.

         "Is that really him?" He asked calmly.

         I couldn't speak, I just nodded my head.

      Suddenly he grabbed my arms and started shaking me, "OH MY GOD PERRIE!   WHAT THE FUCK?  HOW DO YOU HAVE ZAYN MALIK'S PHONE NUMBER?"

         "Do you really want to know?" I asked.

         "Yes!" He shouted back, eager to hear the tale.  I chuckled softly.  He was the straightest man I have ever known to love One Direction as much as he doess.

         After what felt like 10 years later, I finished telling him our story.  I had to stop a few times to clear my suddenly dry throat, but he let me.  Instead of interrupting, he rubbed my back and muttered that everything was okay.   

         "Why did he text you now?" He asked after I finished.

       "I don't know.  I want to say something, I really do.  But he was dating my best friend at the time.  And I don't keep up with the band that well so they may or may not be together.  God, I left everything behind.  I left my school, my flat, Zayn, my friends.  I'm such an i-idiot!" I started crying.  Ed opened his arms for a hug, which I gladly climbed into.

         "Sounds like you owe him a call back."