007: Ambassador Exchange UPDATE

Okay everyone, it's Alyssa Whitmore again and I'm back with a pretty decent update concerning many issues we've been fighting against on this account as well as my previous post. I know it's a lot of reading but it is pretty important.

Starting off, I got a long message, as I was finishing up my previous post, which I mentioned at the end of it. This message was from one of the ambassadors on her personal account (this ambassador actually works for Wattpad, while some I guess do not).

This ambassador basically offered her assistance in the issue of changing of categories... I explained to her the issue in which she told me to submit a ticket if you are having this issue.

Next I talked to her about the issues regarding the mute button. I told her all of the issues we've been having with it and she told me that based off of the guidelines () if we find any of the things the mute button SHOULD work for aren't working, that we must submit a ticket. This ticket should include a photo of the mute button turned on for the person you are trying to mute, so they can be sure you have done it right, as others have not in the past. If you have done this correctly, whoever responds to your ticket will help you.

Now onto the thing that started this all, @queenb816's rant book. I explained that this story was removed after attempts at bullying the author; that it was reported and removed during this event. The ambassador went through the guidelines of stories on Wattpad, telling me her story only would've been removed if it violated anything in which I told her that it did not. I explained that all queenb816 did was express her opinions, which falls under freedom of speech, a right we all have. I was also told that posting screenshots of anyone's comments where it is directly "exposing" said person would get her book removed. I went on to explain at that time that these comments were publically made and that nobody was being exposed by anyone. There was no solid conclusion to this issue sadly, however I was told that books wouldn't automatically get removed; someone does look at the story to see if any banned content is within it. If this is true, than I have no idea what happened... queenb816's book clearly was no violating any of the guidelines, so why was her book removed?

I honestly do not know what to think about any of this... There are clearly many issues with the way Wattpad operates and for some reason, which is indisputable; queenb816's book was removed for no reason. No one has or probably will give a solid explanation for this, which really sucks for her and all of us.

In the end I basically got the impression that going through ambassadors often does absolutely nothing for anybody, so you're better off going through the ticket system. When it comes to that system I was reminded to check the status of tickets through the website and not wait for e-mails, as they often do not come. If you do find yourself going through ambassador's though and end up with one who talks down on you like I and many members of SWTA have, please do not continue dealing with them. Find someone else to talk to or move on to a ticket. I want to remind you all that we do not deserve to be treated poorly for trying to help bring awareness to the downfalls of Wattpad; we are trying to help and those who do not want to see it don't have to. But, we will make our voices heard no matter that!

Thank you all for reading this update and sorry it was so long... I'm hoping this at least helped you all understand things even a little bit. I'm not excusing ANYTHING Wattpad has done or said, this is just me passing on the information that I've gotten so we're all on the same page!