Sneaking creeping

Jake was fixing a radiator while he was plotting is plan to sneak off and start his mission.
"Maybe if I pretend I'm taking this back once it's fixed, but make sure I am hidden under. This will prevent the unknown for seeing me? Right? No! That will never work. Maybe if I offer to help the diggers. I could build myself a tunnel. How would that work? I can't stay underground to do this."
As he was muttering to himself. A young man, named Billy, snuck up on Jake. "What are you muttering and tuttering about now lad?" He said with a soft tone. Jake remained silent as this has nothing to do with anyone else. He has to do this alone. It's too risky. "Hello?" Billy said louder. "Hi Billy, sorry mate was lost in my own world." "Don't let them know that" Billy giggled to himself "you'll get flown away. This gave Jake his idea. He will let the Unknown take him. Take him to his mum. He will find out who they are. If life is different. If there is any other way to make things change. He had no other choice. He dropped his tools and walked off proudly. Billy yelled for him to come back but Jake refused. The sky turned and dark purple and grey and a whirlwind or dust lowered down over Jake as he was still waking with pride.
Jake yelled, as he was lifted up, "I will help us!"
Everyone was left in shock and confusion of what just happened. They were muttering to each other about what his statement could mean. Jake was gone and the sky turned back to a baby blue winter sky.