Chapter V

Chapter five:

Chapter five:

"Coffee, Coffee, Coffee!" I slid into the kitchen with my socks on the hardwood floor, my hands reaching out for my body's life source. 

"Aye!" My sister held to pot out of my reach and smirked. "Tell me exactly what you did last night."

"Nothing... Now give me the coffee." I whined and stomped my feet like a child.

"Nope, not unless you tell me."

Bitch. 

"I could just pull your arm down."

She laughed, "And risk spilling your beloved lifeline?" My eyebrows turned in a scowl.

"I just want some coffee..." I grumbled. 

"And I just want to die, but we can't all get what we want!" 

My dad came into the kitchen with his own mug and laughed at the sight of two teenage girls, one who was HOLDING A POT OF COFFEE ABOVE HER HEAD, bickering. He obviously didn't hear her comment.  

"Daaaaadd!" I pointed to Margot in an attempt to get some help.

He laughed, "Give your sister some. She obviously needs it." The smirk dropped from her face and was replaced with a look of betrayal.

"Yes, give me some." She unwittingly scowled and lowered the pot, setting it on the table. I rushed over to it and poured myself a cup.

"Thanks dad!" I yelled as he walked away chuckling. The creamer splashed on the counter and started to run down the sides. "Shit!" Gathering some paper towels and wiping it down my mother appeared next to me like she fricking materialized out of thin air. 

"So care to explain yourself?" she asked with a fake sweet smile. 

"Nope!" I popped the 'p' and tried to scurry away from her before she interrogated me like the lawyer she used to be.

"I think you do... If you want to keep that car of yours."

Low blow mum. Low blow.

I scraped my mind for an excuse that would pass as good enough,"I was with some friends okay?" 

She sighed and repositioned her bathrobe, "I was a teenager once too you know. You can tell me."

"I did nothing..."

She pointed to my scraped up knees again, which were easily visible thanks to my shorts. "Do I need to bring up the bloody knees again?"

I shook my head quick, "I pranked another friend," I whispered.

Her face was shocked at first and slowly faded into a smile. 

"You hid that from me?" 

Yeah well, I kinda didn't tell you that I walked the line of illegal pranks and it's to a girl is in love with the Hunter and who wants to be my friend but I think she would make me some sort minion, and who everyone says is a bitch. 

That's a mouthful so I just kept it locked up in the safe labeled, 'Things I Probably Should Have Said"

I was shooed away to my room, where I sat in front of the small Tv on the dresser and watched reruns on Victorious for a few hours. Actually my favorite American show. 

The rest of the day I worked on my instruments and danced around in my room to my Frank Sinatra vinyls. That was until I had to get ready do the party. Dot and Sabrina said they would pick me up at eight. 

"I can't find anything to wear!" I threw the bright pink tank top at Margot when she walked into my room and stood near me. Being good at sports and quick, she dodged it without a problem. 

"You should be over this stage, partying and doing delinquent things. I should be doing this, but nooo! Here I am being a good role model and citizen." She rambled on. Role model my arse...

"Yes but I'm the one who needs a social life right?" Margot's face formed into the familiar scowl that she always held. 

I smiled at her just for spite, "You have such a pretty face why do you look so grumpy all the time."

"Don't act like you didn't just compliment yourself."

"I mean you take all those happy pills, just figured you be a bit more pleasurable... How's your mission?" I asked out of the blue.

"Oh, my mission? Ha! They couldn't find any other job for me so I got a kid who wanted a puppy. Piece of cake."

I turned from my pile of clothes, "A puppy?" She nodded.

"That sucks," She frowned still and turned to walk out of my room. Minutes later when I was still scrambling to find something to wear she came back and threw a blue shirt at my face. I was taken aback by the suddenness of it.

"Wear this with a pair of skinny jeans and give it back tomorrow. DON'T puke on it." I grinned at her while she left. It was a pastel blue Nike sweater. What a good sister.

 Dressing, I hopped to the bathroom. Working for the government and stuff have their advantages. Like for example, a bunch of techy shit, like seeing in the dark contacts, pills that can do pretty much anything, and mainly fun little gadgets. 

I popped in the slightly blue contacts to my eyes, turning them from a shade of green hazel to a now pretty aqua. I didn't notice or feel a difference. Mum always made me promise to wear them whenever I was out at night. I also pocketed a small case the size of my thumb with a single pill in it. It would sober me up in under a few minutes if needed. I then placed the pills back into their metal box and spun the lock. Didn't want annother accident. I refuse to lose my sister.

After I got dressed in my modest but very cute outfit and walked down the stairs into the foyer. "Momma?" I tried out my best American baby voice to get her attention.

"Yeah?"

"Can I go to a party tonight?"

She looked over to me, "Are you going to drink?"

Yes.

"Maybe." I'm eighteen and British! I'm technically allowed to drink.

"Are you doing drugs?" 

No?

"Am I doing drugs? Like right now? Oh yeah mum, I'm totally shooting up on heroin, can't you tell? It's not like I'm scared of needles or anything." She narrowed her eyes at my sarcasm.

"Are you going to have sex?"

Maybe.

"Probably not, I'm not into, 'can't see past their nose American football jocks' who on top of that are drunk." 

She nodded, taking in all of that information. "Yeah sure, you can go. But!- Only if you wear those contacts. Be back by at least one and if you don't I'm going to assume that you were either kidnapped or crashed at someone's house." 

"Does it mat-"

She cut me off before I could finish my question, "No I don't care who's house it is, or what you do. Don't tell me, I'd rather not know."

"Thanks! I love you and I'll promise I'll be safe." I kissed her cheek before rushing outside to wait for my ride.