Chapter 3 (END)

Jimin was scared to death. It was almost midnight and he had been crying with his knees to his chest and his back against a tree ever since it got dark. He need Tae more than ever now. He needed his warm touch, his comforting presence. He missed burying his tear-stained face into Tae chest. He looked at his phone once more to see if he had a signal. He had 7% battery life left and he had one signal bar. He decided to make one last effort to call Tae, so he selected his contact. Jimin's eyes got a spark of hope in them as the phone started to ring.

Tae heard his phone ringing and picked it up, expecting to see one of the producers that they had left at the hotel wanting to know where they were. His heart skipped a beat as he saw Jimin's name and picture show up on the screen. He immediately answered it and heard Jimin's shaky breath.

"Jiminie where are you?! Please tell me you're okay! Say something Jiminie, please!!" Tae begged as he basically yelled over the phone.

"T-Tae? Is... Is that you? Please help me! I'm s-scared... I need you. P-Please come and find me Tae!! I don't know where I am a-and it's really dark... I ne-," Jimin said inbetween sobs before his phone died.

After his phone died, he burst into tears and threw his phone angrilly at a rock, making a loud snap echo through the forest as the case broke. After he wiped his tears, he finally got up and grabbed his phone. He had lost all hope and decided to start walking in any direction. He didn't know if he was heading away from the group or not.

After walking for some time, he was making his way down a small rocky slope when suddenly he lost his balance and fell. He yelled in pain as his back hit the first rock. Then he started tumbling down the small hill, breaking branches, and stirring leaves. By the time he managed to stop himself, his face and arms were bleeding from the scratches that were made by the branches he hit on the way down. Luckily he didn't break any bones, but he would have a lot of bruises the next day. After he stopped himself, he crawled over to a nearby tree and curled up under it with his knees to his chest and started crying. He was in a lot of pain, but he wasn't crying because of it. He was missing Tae so much that he didn't care about the blood on his face or the pain in his back, he just wanted to be with Tae.

Tae was about to get into the car to get warmed up when he suddenly heard a yell that sounded as if someone was in pain. He then heard branches snapping and then a loud thud. He immediately opened the car door and told the guys about what he heard. They started wiggling around trying to get out of the car as fast as they could but by the time they did, Tae was running into the trees towards where the sound came from. Soon, the rest of the group caught up with him when he stopped suddenly.

There was a faint sound of someone crying nearby and Tae immediately knew who it was. Tae was gone within seconds, and he started searching for Jimin. After only a few seconds of searching, Tae came across a curled up Jimin who was crying and bleeding. He kneeled down in front of Jimin.

"Jiminie... It's okay now. I'm here... it'll all be okay," Tae said in a voice slightly above a whisper.

Jimin looked up slowly as he recognized that comforting voice. He immediately pressed his tear-stained and bloody face against Tae's chest, feeling the warmth of his presence. He started crying as Tae wrapped his arms around him. He felt Tae kiss the top of his head as he started to shake. He didn't even notice the rest of the group as they were now gathered around them looking both relieved to find him and worried about how injured he was.

"D-Don't ever l-leave me again...," Jimin said hugging Tae tightly as if he was going to disappear at any moment.

"I promise I won't. You scared me to death, I thought I would never see your beautiful smile again. Please let me know when something is bothering you, you are never going to bother me by coming to me for comfort. I worry about you and I don't want anything to ever happen to you like this again, okay?" Tae said with tears in his eyes.

Jimin nodded as Tae picked him up and started carrying him to the truck. Tae insisted on lying Jimin down in the back of the truck so he would be able to sleep better than sitting in the car. Jin got some blankets they used while traveling from the car and made a makeshift bed for Jimin in the back of the truck. Tae laid Jimin down and started to get into the car beside the truck.

"T-Tae... C-Can you please stay with m-me..?," Jimin asked shyly before he could get into the car.

"Of course. Anything for my Jiminie," Tae said in a warm tone.

He climbed into the back of the truck and covered Jimin with a spare blanket Jin left. He laid down and the truck began to move. Before long, they were on the interstate watching cars and trucks taller than their own drive past them. Jimin turned on his side to face towards Tae. He moved his head so it was resting on Tae's chest gently, and he could feel Tae wrapping his arms around him.

"I love you...," Jimin said closing his eyes.

"I love you too Jiminie...," Tae said leaning down and kissing Jimin on the lips. It seemed as if all of his worries had been washed away as he felt Jimin return the kiss.

They both fell asleep with a smile on their face as the truck continued to go down the interstate towards their hotel three cities over.