Day By Day

I stared deeply at the pictures of students and their college acceptance form on the wall, my binder clutched tightly to my chest.

"Hey...are you okay?" Someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and saw it was Brooklynn. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." I nodded turning around. "Can you walk me to the choir room? I kind of forgot where it was." She laughed slightly. "Sure, no problem." I smiled walking with her. "So...why were you staring at that wall?" She pointed behind us. "Just nerves, you know? Well, you wouldn't know since you're only a sophmore. But, it's just annoying. Finn has his life figured out after school and I'm just.....here." I sighed. "Finn must be your boyfriend." She smiled brightly turning down A hall. "How'd you guess that?" I joked. "Don't worry. From what I've heard, you're a pretty smart girl." She grinned brightly causing me to smile to myself. We strolled into the choir room and everyone is doing their normal routines while they sat and waited for Mr. Schuester. "Hey Brooklynn." Everyone greeted her since today was her first day in Glee. She blushed and took a seat me while I sat next to Finn.

"Glee!!" Mr. Schuester came in with her curly hair bouncing everywhere. We all shouted and roared as he let out a pleasing sigh. "Before we get started, I'd just like to say. It truly breaks my heart that almost all of you will be leaving me. Luckily, I'll have Amelia, and our newest addition Brooklynn." He smiled to them both. "Mr. Schue you have to promise a glee reunion once Brooklynn finally graduates. You know, like an OG thing." Puck grinned. "I will make sure to plan that." Mr. Schuester nodded and chuckled. "Now onto our first assignment! Drum roll please?" He looked over to the substitute drummer for Finn as he popped open a new marker and wrote "Throw Back" on the board. "This week, I want all the seniors to recreate their auditions for Glee Club. As for Amelia and Brooklynn, you guys already have a grade down since you aren't seniors." He shrugged.

"You should give us extra credit if we dress like we did." Sam joked. "Uh let's not because I was completely naked when my 'audition' happened." Finn turned red. "Fine, it's a deal. But Finn, please don't show up naked." Mr. Schuester joked. "Also, we need to talk about college." My heart dropped. "I expect to have all of my students in college. And this year, I will do anything I can to help you guys get into college. Forms are due in January, so please speed up your picking process and such. You don't have all the time in the world for your future." He became serious.

Later at work, I was in a daze as I put a new stock of concealer cases into the shelves. Mr. Schuester is right, I don't have much time left to get my future ready. It's so embarrassing when your boyfriend is better planned then you. It's supposed to be the other way around! Finn is going to NYADA with everyone else for a performing arts major, and will play football there. And what am I doing? God knows what. A dancer? A singer? A teacher? More like a nobody. I love singing, but dancing crept its way back into my life and I can't get it out of my head. Rachel will be winning Grammy's, Quinn will be a world renowned Sociologist, Mercedes will be selling out arenas.....so what is Camila gonna do?

"Cam?" Finn's voice scared me and I bumped into the rack I just stacked and knocked everything over. "Oops." He said quietly. I looked at him and he had brought me dinner and I smiled and sighed. "Just wait for me in the break room." I side smiled. I turned back to the rack and picked the boxes up by myself since everyone decided just to watch my shit show.

Once I sat down with Finn to eat, I sat quietly and stared at the wall behind him while picking at my fries. "You're thinking." He said. "No I'm not." I looked at him, my eyes watering from blinking for the first time out of my gaze. "Yes you are. Your cheeks are bright red and your breathing is slow. You always do that when you're thinking." He eyed me. I sighed and looked at my lap. "Have you ever been so scared to the point all you want to do is cry?" I asked rolling my thumbs softly over each other. Finn set his burger down and stood up. He helped me out of my chair and walked me over to the black couch to sit. He sat on the end of the couch and pulled me into his lap and held my waist, a comforting thing he always did.

"What's on your mind?" He asked. I looked at him and my eyes just began spilling tears. Finn moved my hair from my face to keep it from getting wet and kissed my temple. "Finn I'm so scared. I don't want to grow up. I'm not ready." I sobbed, "I can't figure out college and senior year is just pressuring me. I don't want to be a nobody while you're out doing movies or performing." I let myself cry for a second and calmed my breathing. "I just don't want you to leave me because I can't make up my mind half of the time." "Are you insane? I would never leave you Camila just because you may or may not go to college." He stroked my hip with his thumb. "It takes time to understand what you need to do, and that's okay. Don't let me intimadate you." He sat up some and looked at me. "We will have the brightest future ever! I don't care if you're carrying a degree or not. I will come home from and we can eat cereal and watch SpongeBob! And then when we have Finn Junior and Finn Senior, I can go to work while you take care of them until I get back!" I chuckled and he smiled.

"Don't overwork yourself Camila. Just take life day by day. Worry about right now and what you need to do." He pointed to me. I nodded and he pulled me to his shoulder anndnd I hugged his embrace tightly. I was feeling good until he burped very loud in my ear and I got up screaming.