Take Me Home

Pulling up to school was a nightmare. There were reporters everywhere and it was giving me and Finn so much anxiety. Thankfully enough, we got taken around back through the gym enterance. Finn held my hand tightly as I took in some moments so I had them to last while I was gone.

"These halls won't be as exciting without you here." Finn sighed. I just stayed silent and continued walking until finally, I walked into the auditorium for the first time in two weeks and everyone ran over hugging me tightly. I was trying to hold back my tears as tightly as I could while giving Mr. Schuester a tight hug before sitting down in our famous circle on the stage, even Mr. Schuester joining us. "Camila we talked about it, and we want to save up equally to fly you back home for Sectionals." Quinn smiled. "That is so lovely, and I can't thank you enough for thinking about me, but I don't want to risk anything." I sighed. "But we can't compete without you! You're one of our leaders." Brooklynn chimed in mortified. "I'm sorry guys, I just don't want to risk anything on you." I sighed, knowing the driver was sitting in one of the seats in the auditorium and could tell Donnie anything to get me more time in New Jersey.

"So how are you going to do school until you come back?" Puck surprisingly asked. "I'm not sure. I'm just letting everything happen because obviously I can't stop anything." I frowned. "Don't feel too bumbed out. Your father is Avellino Selgado! You will be living in the lap of luxury for five months!" Santana chuckled. "I'm trying not to look at it that way. I'm happy with my life right now. Well, before all of this happened." We then talked and shared a few laughs for about a half hour before it was coming down to the time for me to leave. "Ms. Selgado, we must leave in six minutes sharp." The driver called from a seat, and I rubbed my hands together. "Alright, one last song for now." Schue adjusted his seat. We all started snapping and began.

All: You, you light up in the dark. You're the glow in a priceless work of art. I see, I see your shining star. You're the light through my window from afar.

Camila: And don't you forget. The only thing that matters is your heartbeat going strong. Oh, don't you forget. That nothing else can matter 'cause you know where I belong.

All: Oh, take me there. Won't you take me there? Won't you take me home? Oh, take me there. Won't you take me there? Won't you take me home?

It feels like I'm leaving for forever, but it's only five months. I can barely stand going two months wihout being around everyone, let alone five.

Finn: We, we light up the sky. Heaven knows there's no such thing as goodbye. 'Cause love, love can never die. We'll forever be burning, you and I.

Mr. Schuester: And don't you forget. The only thing that matters is our heartbeats going strong. Oh, don't you forget. That nothing else can matter 'cause we know where I belong

Tears started pouring down my face and I wasn't the only one. Rachel held my hand and let silent tears fall down her face too. My heart is becoming broken. How in the world am I going to be able to do this?

All: Oh, take me there. Won't you take me there? Won't you take me home? Oh, take me there. Won't you take me there? Won't you take me home?

We all rose out of our seats and I let out a sob and everyone came around me, wrapping me in and huge group hug as I cried into Mr. Schuester's chest. I looked up and he had tears pouring out of his eyes. "Promise you'll come back kid?" He asked as his voice quaked. "I promise." I barely got out. Finn basically had to pull me away from everyone because I couldn't leave. "Kick ass at sectionals. I love you guys.." I sobbed before taking one last look, then leaving the auditorium. I shook and cried hard as Finn had one arm wrapped around me and escorting me to the car.

The closer the airport got, the more I leaned into Finn's arms. "Your parents are already in the plane, so all you'll have to do is show your ID and someone will escort you to the plane." The driver smiled. I couldn't find any words to reply, I just sat there, looking in the same spot, and still in the same hold with Finn. It took me until the door opened that I was at my final moments with Finn. I sat there and looked at him and he got out. He turned around and looked at me pitifully before reaching in and trying to unbuckle my seatbelt. I stopped his hand, but then let go realizing how much of a scene I was making. He helped me out with my little carry on bag and we walked tightly hand in hand as slowly as we could until I was done showing my ID to services and customs. I said my heart wrenching goodbye to Carol and turned to Finn.

When I looked at him, I lost it.

"No no no no, I can't do this." I began to sob so hard, my body almost fell over from rattling so much. Finn pulled me tightly into a hug and rocked me back and forth, his cries hiding themselves in my shirt. I could feel people staring at us, but I kept sobbing. "Listen to me Camileon." Finn bent down to my height,crying hard too, and wiping tears from my eyes, along with any hair that was trapped by the tears. "We will talk every day, I promise. I'll skip football and basketball to talk to you and we will count the days together. Then, you come home and you'll be living with us okay? I-I'll clean out the storage room and rent a storage space, what-whatever it takes." He held my cheeks as choked on his words. I cried even more and nodded my head, my eyes burning with the makeup I had on earlier. "I love you so much Camila. I promise I'll be waiting on you." He sobbed like a child and so did I. "I love you too." I cried and took a deep whistly breath in. It got to the point the escort people put their hand on my back and started lightly pushing me to the gates to the private plane.

I turned back one last time, and saw Finn broken down on the ground in Carol's arms crying, and I could hear him too. I tried stopping and turning around, but they closed the gate on me and I had no choice but to board the plane. Once I got on, Mom and Dad hugged me and I sat down in a seat facing them and watched us take off from the ground.

See you soon Lima, don't forget about me.